PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing ATPL exams Oct 1st?

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
21st Sep 2007, 19:54
If your doing your exams at the start of next month how are you feeling right now?

Personally I'm sh*ting it.

Anyone got any advice on how to relax or stop worrying about them (amongst this bristoling and revison time)?

Also I find that, when I go to an exam I get so anxious and worried it effects my performance (something I really need to shift). Any advice?

Kind regards.
:uhoh:

wbryce
21st Sep 2007, 20:48
Is this your first set? If so then I think its a little bit natural! on my first few exams, I barely slept the night before but after you do one or two then its just another day.

Hour Builder
22nd Sep 2007, 11:35
I've got my last exam (Perf) on Oct 1st. I'm with Bristol averaging 95% in the 13 passed first time so far. If you have read the books, and hit bristols online question bank hard, then when you go to the actual exam, you've seen +90% of the questions before.

Don't worry, exam is far easier then the Bristol Brush up. That's why bristol is so good.

HB

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
22nd Sep 2007, 21:50
Yes its my first set!

The nervousness comes in waves! Tonight I'm not feeling too bad, but some nights over the past few days Ive been in bits!

yellowsubmarine
23rd Sep 2007, 02:02
I too am sitting my last exams in October....I have to agree with Hour Builder, If you do the feedback EXTENSIVELY, then when you sit the exam at least 80-90% of the questions in the paper, you will have seen before.

In my experience (which is not vast) those who get very worked up and stressed out tend to put the hours in on the feedback and pass the exams, the people who fail are those who breeze through it thinking it will be alright on the night.

So my advice...stay worked up and stressed out (try not to cause youreself a heart-attack though). Also, there is no such thing as too much Bristol.

will fly for food 06
23rd Sep 2007, 08:49
First of all i wish you the best of luck with the exams in October. Dont worry about being nervous on your first visit, as soon as they allow you to begin you will find your nerves will not be at the front of your mind. As the other posters have said the BGS feedback will help. Plus you will be fine as long as you know the formula plus how to use them, are aware of the definitions and know your CRP 5 inside out. All this stress before the exams is worth it when you open the results letter a few weeks later:).