PDA

View Full Version : General Aviation/Business or airline?

etracafe
21st Sep 2007, 19:42
Hallo guys, I want to put a question to all of you that have experience either in General Aviation/Business aviation that in airlines. What do you think is the better? To fly a big airplane 5 on 2 off 700 hrs per year(airbus/boeing) or to work in business aviation 18/12 300 hrs per year? Do you think that after 10 years in business aviation a pilot needs to fly a big jet? and do you think that is possible for a Captain in falcon 2000 become directly captain in airbus?

thank you guys :)

unablereqnavperf
22nd Sep 2007, 08:19
Get the most money for the least amount of work the aircraft type does not matter they are all the same! Ive always found salary more attractive then the aircraft type.

1Bingo
22nd Sep 2007, 09:01
Are you interested in money, time off, or job satisfaction?

I've done both (airline/corporate) and much prefer private owner, corporate jet flying, which allows pilots more opportunity to make operational decisions and handle the airplane.

1 Bingo

etracafe
22nd Sep 2007, 12:16
yes you are right but somethime when I land in big airports I see airplane like A340 or B747 and I start to think how could be the life and the emotions of a pilot there. But I am agree with you after 10 years in big airplane you can be tired and you can start to think only for your private life and money...