PDA

View Full Version : Bbj Uae

jetjockey737
21st Sep 2007, 19:14
Hi guys and gals.

When operating into GVA I often see a bbj and 747 with UAE on the site. On t'internet they are shown as the amiri flight a/c but a colleague has told me they are operated by royaljet.

Can anybody help out as to who does operate these a/c and post /PM me some contact details if available.

TA

Silverspoonaviator
21st Sep 2007, 21:04
As royal jet do operate BBJ, on behalf of Amiri flight.

chinny
22nd Sep 2007, 06:05
Sorry-think u'll find Royal jet have their own BBJ's-5 if you read the papers-biggest private operators of BBJ's in the world !!!:eek:

VTSP
chinny

hoopla
22nd Sep 2007, 12:50
That's Dubai Airwing - owned by the UAE ruling family Shaykh Maktum ibn Rashid Al Maktum, they employ their cabin crew mainly from Emirates mainline and the flight crew are hired through Airwing / Amiri flight like most of the Middle East countries.

lowy4sure
22nd Sep 2007, 14:52
the difference between Royal Jet and the Dubai Amiri flight is about 150 years.

Royal Jet was set up using the Abu Dhabi amiri flight because Princes were not paying for thier flights. It is a locally run place that goes through western managers like anything. The previous manager told me, " I can write a new proposal evryday but they wont listen to me "

They also refuse to cover your housing as the price goes up. I know a guy promised commend 3 years ago. Guess what, still in the right seat.

AMiri flight in Dubai is a real royal flight department............big bucks, little flying great facitlities and beautiful aircraft. This is the job people leave at retirement not one day before.

Royal Jet may have 6 BBJ's but the people puching the buttons are not in the same category as a real Amiri flight.

globalchild
22nd Sep 2007, 15:23
Hi guys.. just wanted to clarify some points from lowy...

Amiri Flight is for the Abu Dhabi Royal Fleet / Family.. not Dubai..

Dubai Air Wing is what you are speaking of and you are correct in the shiny new aircraft etc... about the little flying part? I think you would have to ask one of the guys in Air Wing because there are some different experiences depending on who you talk to..

Royal Jet was indeed set up through Abu Dhabi Amiri and still yes as you wrote "controls all the buttons and pulls all the strings".. so no descrepencies on that one!

hope that helps.. take care guys..

bbj3
6th Oct 2007, 12:41
I had to laugh when you said that the DXB Airwing is one of the finer jobs in the M.E.Rumour has it that guys are very unhappy re package, things promised and are quietly forgotten.You don't like it LEAVE!It was a tight ex-zimbabwe outfit, but they are not even coming now,they went lower and are and are now hiring Ausy's who are far short of the req 10 000hr mark.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Envoy604
7th Oct 2007, 08:25
Trouble with the 10,000 hour measure is you cut out loads of better qualified people. Does Dubai Air Wing want someone who has done the same thing 10,000 times over 11-15 years, bit like an airline pilot or some one with less hours who has operated across a wide range of environments and has had to think on his/her feet. Far better I think to look at prospective pilots based upon what they have done, not just how many hours they have flown.

bbj3
11th Oct 2007, 07:03
It seems that the Better BBJ ops are now in Saudi, they give the best Roster's.Packages are starting to increase,as the big gun's don't want to looooooose there loyal people.Thus do you work in OMAA/OMDB/OOMS and have your family with you,or do you choose your home base and work a rotational roster 1/1,2/1,35/31(on/off) and get a far better package.
For this reason it seems the 10 000hr mark is being reduced to attract the people.:D:D