PDA

View Full Version : faa ppl

airboe
21st Sep 2007, 14:13
hello,

i currently have a current icao ppl license with about 110 hours,and i am living here in the uk. i want to go to the states flying , i have an faa validation of my ppl license. however this with this validation i can only fly cessna 152s , as i am class rated on a 152 in nz.i dont want to travel back to nz to get signed off on a a warrier, 172 or arrow to then go to the states.

does anyone know what would be involved in getting a full faa ppl license.would i have to do the full 40 hours of dual training?

airboe

TelBoy
21st Sep 2007, 15:41
If you want a full FAA PPL the hours on your ICAO licence will count. You will need a class 3 FAA medical (can be done in the UK) and will need to sit the FAA flight test and written paper. You will also have to do night hours if you do not already have them as the FAA PPL alows night flying. You will also need TSA clearance for the test (even if done in the UK) and an M1 visa if you do it in the US.

Try Flight Saftey at Farnborough as I think they can do FAA writtens and will be able to guide you better.

You will then be able to fly any SEP land under 200 HP and not complex. High performance and complex are quite easy add ons after.

Your best bet is to call the FAA who will give you a definitave answer - they are really very helpful and a pleasure to deal with (in my own experience).

Hope this helps