PDA

View Full Version : Starting out on PPL - experience / spare seats... etc...

iburnthings
20th Sep 2007, 20:48
Hello, this is my first post here so I have a few things to say.

Im just starting out on my PPL so im looking for a flight school in south west england, been looking at bristol/wessex or aeros at filton, does anybody / has anybody been there or used these and care to tell me about your experiences?

also, is there a place where I can talk to people about tagging along on there flights, just out of interest for a first experience. I've heard of spare seats on other students' flights and being able to tag along for the ride and it mad me interested in doing this...

So if theres anybody who has spare seats on any general flight and wouldnt mind somebody filling in a spare seat, you could give me an email or PM.
I live near bath/bristol and am just taking my first steps in aviation, thanks for reading....
kind regards

Bluebits
4th Nov 2007, 16:01
Hi, I went for a trial lesson at Bristol and Wessex and found it to be more of a club than a school. I went away feeling like an idiot - I don't think the instructor took me seriously.

I then went for a lesson with Aeros, Filton and they were very helpful and encouraging. I trained with Aeros and now have my PPL. They are very friendly and professional, I highly recommend them. Good luck with your training.