PDA

View Full Version : Logbook flight time endorsement (FAA)

Mach .80
20th Sep 2007, 18:31
Hi everyone,

I am interviewing for DEFO in HKG on October 25th and 26th. I am looking for information from anybody that has had a second interview with Cathay lately.

Hong Kong CAD requires that all flying records should be verified by a company or regulatory authority. How did you manage to get this done? I have called the FAA, and apparently they do not provide this service anymore.

Also, I have requested the records from FAA, but it takes 4-6 weeks for me to get them (no expediting) and my inerview is just over a month away. What should I do or tell Cathay?

Thanx for help in advance.

Mach .80

europilot
20th Sep 2007, 22:00
Hi,
I am in a similiar situation... my country's CAA doesnt certify logbooks and my previous company went bankrupt without any notice :{ ...unfortunately I couldnt get my logbook stamped in time...all the other records (from two other companies) got verified...
any advice???
Thanks
EP

tx_dfw
21st Sep 2007, 11:00
What I did was print all of my flying with my previous 121 operator internal tracking program, then write a letter saying this was accurate and have the chief pilot sign it. Also saying to call if they had any questions. The FAA did not seem to be helpful at all.

TWINGLOBES
21st Sep 2007, 23:23
You can always ask for the records from the FAA and advise CX that you will forward them to them ASAP. I typed up a letter with all the info that CX wanted and gave it to my chief pilot who signed it on co letterhead.

DC10FO
17th Oct 2007, 00:47
Hi, to all of you that are asking about how to get the FAA to sign it and how to expedite records....this is what I did and I got a job offer 2 weeks after my second phase:

The logbook copies: I got the Aircraft type copies signed by the chief pilot of the company I worked flying that aircraft, the rest...I went to my bank, and asked to notary guy to stamp and sign it....he did. When I called the FAA and asked them who do I need to see in order to have my logbook copies signed, the guy laughed and asked me if I was applying to an Asian Carrier. He told me he had worked for an Asian Carrier and that they only look for a stamp (any kind). So he told me I oculd just go to Office Depot and have a stamp made that said FAA and then sign it myself. So I decided instead of doing it myself, just to go to a public notary and have then stamp and sign it. It worked, I got no questions from CX

The records: I took the FAA 9 weeks to send me my records. I went to HKG without it and told then Im still waiting for it, that I was going to send it to them as soon as I got it, and they said it was fine. My second phase was on Sep 02, 2007 and I just faxed the ATP written result last night Oct 16, 2007.

hope this helps....and good luck

Mach .80
18th Oct 2007, 03:50
Good evening,
Thank you for your responses guys...I believe I've got all the info they are looking for. We'll know in the few days. Thanx again.:)
JH

AAIGUY
25th Oct 2007, 09:42
sign it yourself and get a notarized stamp from notary attesting to it being correct

waterski145
28th Oct 2007, 00:11
I went to the Flight Manager, explained the situation and he certified my Status (PIC or P1)and the flight time in my logbook (last page of records of the last one).Then he put a company (part 121) stamp on it.
That was good enough.

for your FAA IR rating just go on the Faa.gov site and you' ll find a link where once clicked on it, will automatically shoot back at you on file e-mail address a pre written letter stating that you are indeed IR rated.

good luck.

Waterski :ok: