PDA

View Full Version : Tyrolean

Iceman666
20th Sep 2007, 17:52
Does anyone know about the tests and interviews at Tyrolean Airways?

OLG
21st Sep 2007, 11:01
Hello,

this post describes the process quite well:
http://http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3478879&postcount=123

I did my part earlier this summer and passed... although I received an other offer where my TR is paid, so I might end up elsewhere.

The VO selection is quite fair, I would say. Contrary to the public opinion, Dr.M is unlikely to eat You alive. (Some roasting might happen, though.:})

On the final interview, do expect some tricky "what would You do" questions... but people say that was only tricky for me, and I should have seen them coming.

Happy to answer, should You have specific questions.

-G-

Props Forward
25th Sep 2007, 16:06
G,

Been invited to Tyrolean @ INN in October. Checked most of the threads on here / their website but can't find the answers to the following:

1) What is the approx. pay?
2) My understanding of the SSTR is that you arrange the loan through a nominated bank, you pay the loan off and Tyrolean pay back the installment to you in your wage... this correct?
3) Can anyone confirm that the above SSTR arrangement is valid for 5 years?

Cheers,

PF:ok:

OLG
25th Sep 2007, 18:58
Hello PF,

the pay scheme is more-or-less what can be found on PPJN, AFIAK.

For #2&3: yes/yes, AFAIK. (This is more-or-less how it works.)

Cheers, G.

Alpine Flyer
26th Sep 2007, 23:22
This is the approximate pay scheme for copilots at TYR. Negotiations are under way and the last proposal would cut some of the "double" steps (those marked with an asterisk) for quicker access to more money.

Y1: 2.015,76 for 80% of normal work (rises to ca. 2520 with 100% work once you're out of the bottom 25 pilots)
Y2: 2.693,60
3.125,99*
3.344,28*
3.564,66*
Y15: 4.613,27
Everything in EUR/month, 14 times a year with all 14 subject to social security but only 6% tax on 13&14th salary, excluding per diems.
Net calculation including social security courtesy of the Austrian ministry of finance: http://www.bmf.gv.at/service/anwend/steuerberech/bruttonetto/_start.htm
Be sure to enter 360 under "Lohnsteuerfrei" to take care of tax-free flight pay.
"Brutto" is gross
"Netto" is obviously "net"
"Bezug" is taxman-ese for "salary"
"Jahresbezug" is yearly salary
"SV" is social security
"LSt" is income tax
"AVAB" is "single earner" in a family
"Kinder" is for number of children, doesn't make a huge difference, support for children is mainly through direct payments, not through tax
"Pendlerpauschale" is how far you travel from your home to the airport. (They won't believe you're commuting from England every day :))
Differences between provinces are negligible and only affect employers.
3% pension contribution into a pension funds are added to these figures as well as 1,43% into the mandatory severance payment fund (you'll get the proceeds if you leave the company with some restrictions on when you may withdraw it.)
Scheduling at Tyrolean is not very commuter friendly. Commuting is free within Austria and a single monthly commuter (stand-by) ticket to a destination outside Austria served by Tyrolean (not all of Austrian) is granted.
Be prepared to learn German within a reasonable amount of time. Everyone speaks English and all the Manuals and memos are in English but if you don't learn German you'll miss part of the action and stay an outsider. Dutch talking gatherings of pilots are not uncommon in the crew room, however :)

Current time to command app. 6 years, rising. (A lot of non-Austrian copilots are probably goint to quit ahead of you to go for pastures greener or at least closer to home, but far fewer captains. Close to nil retirements in sight for about two more decades, most pilots probably won't retire before age 65.)