PDA

View Full Version : Translation into German

hvogt
20th Sep 2007, 17:46
Hello

I'm working on a book on air law, and I was wondering if somebody could help me with a translation into German. I'm referring to ICAO terminology.

The generic term taxi-holding position translates into German as Rollhalt or Rollhalteort. However, there seems to be no official translation for runway-holding position and intermediate holding position.

I thought about Zwischenhalteposition for intermediate holding position. The only problem is that I couldn't find any official publications like NOTAMs or AIP pages that use the term.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

hvogt

redout
20th Sep 2007, 20:14
Try these mate. I just knocked them into my ultra cool Systran Translator programme and it spitted this lot out. Maybe "Laufbahneinflußposition" for runway-holding position and "Zwischeneinflußposition" for intermediate-holding position. Hope it helps.

hvogt
21st Sep 2007, 12:44
Thanks for your effort redout. I really appreciate your help.

However, "Laufbahneinflußposition" translates back as something like "career influencing position", and "Zwischeneinflußposition" as something like "position of intermediate influence".

Should I find a better translation, which I doubt, I'll let you and your Systran know.

Dick Whittingham
21st Sep 2007, 14:57
"luftbahnhalteposition":cool: