PDA

View Full Version : Non EU pilot

sawaya
20th Sep 2007, 14:26
hi guys and girls i am a non EU living in switzerland with rights to live and work in switzerland,i see a lot of companies are putting EU citizenship as as requirements,does any one of you fly with non EU citizens,will being non EU citizen deter my job prospects.

thanks

fendant
22nd Sep 2007, 09:08
Unfortunately the answer is Yes.
Although you have the B or C permit in Switzerland the free movement within the EU does only apply for Swiss citizens and not for non EU foreigners with with a residence permit.

It should be however easier in your case to transfer into the EU, but you have to climb the bureaucracy hill.

Look for an employer who has activities in CH. They can hire you here and transfer you. Then you have all the time to sort it out with the locals.

Frank

sawaya
22nd Sep 2007, 09:30
thanks does being married to an EU citizen help.

Chippie Chappie
23rd Sep 2007, 08:12
Please don't take this as 100% correct as different countries within the EU have different requirements. Here's my interpretation:

Having an EU sspouse will help in getting a permit to work in the country of which your spouse is a citizen, however that won't transfer to the other countries of the EU.

From another angle, you may be able to expidite your progress to citizenship in your spouse's country. Once a citizen of that country, you will have the freedom to work throughout the EU as afforded to other EU citizens.

Hope this helps,

Chips

sawaya
23rd Sep 2007, 13:23
Thank chapie chap,

i have right s to live and work both in switzerland and in sweden but currently no a citizen