PDA

View Full Version : Reservations Systems

The Flying Helmet
7th Nov 2001, 14:22
Can anyone advise on any passenger reservations systems out there ? I've come across AirKiosk and Sabre, are these any good ? Are there any better ones ?

Confirmed Must Ride
7th Nov 2001, 18:02
I personally wouldnt go near Sabre, out of date and has alot of trouble talking to any other systems. DCS seems to be system of choice for most european handling companies.

SAIIP
8th Nov 2001, 18:11
Why not try Abacus, it is a very easy to use and some airline like AF, TG and so on are using it as well. Also they have a windows based program which do not require much training.
Check this out http://www.abacus.com.sg
Hope the above info would help.
BRGDS

pdalla
13th Nov 2001, 11:14
There are quite a few out there, ranging from the somewhat risky bet of Atraxis (SR), or a peer system MARS from Mercator (Emirates)also based on the SR software, then you have EDS Shares (who have now bought Atraxis). Sabre has been mentioned, and there is also Amadeus and LH and Iberia. For a smallish to medium size airline I would suggest SITA's Gabriel system because they charge by the PNR not by the transaction (so is cheaper than someone like Sabre who charge by the transaction) and are well geared up to handling small airlines, and you get a genuinely private partition. But then I might be biased too !!

An sensible thing to do (hope I'm not getting carried away here as this isn't my area of expertise) when picking a system is also to look at what sort of business you are in, scheduled, IT or ad-hoc charter, a mix or what because each will have different implications for how you want to profile your flights for seat sales in terms of fare classes, how you handle groups etc. Almost work backwards from the revenue accounting system. Also I would suggest you don't try and cut conrners and go for a sensible package including fares & ticketing as it will save you money and time in the short term. Manual tickets are too easy for fraud... plus electronic tickets save you money at the clearing house.

Good luck with whatever you pick