PDA

View Full Version : KAL Pay increase

400drvr
20th Sep 2007, 04:23
KAL has announced that it will be raising the pay rates by $1000 usd per month for all fleets except the B777 which wil get a $2000 usd month rate increase. This is no longer a rumor, I just got an email from my agent confirming the above info.
Cheers:)

bloggs2
20th Sep 2007, 06:11
Don't know the pay rates for long haul people elsewhere but the 737NG contract is still not attractive.

Short haul in Europe you can bring US$9500 home a month easy and not have to put up with any of the hassles of a commuting contract. Flying short haul in China is probably harder work than the long haul gig anyway and they will pay you a few grand less a month for the privilege. Why would you bother? Think they will still struggle to get people unless it gets up a whole lot more.

stator vane
20th Sep 2007, 08:42
and is that with/without tax (evasion)?

tflier
20th Sep 2007, 09:14
I think the word you're looking for is AVOIDANCE, thats what pilots do, EVASION was for Al Capone!

By the way that's probably including local Korean tax, your home country tax is up to you to sort out.

flying headbutt
20th Sep 2007, 11:23
I agree with Bloggs, the T&Cs for the 737NG are well below par, especially with the weakness of the dollar. It's less than what you can take home after tax & NI with some of the UK outfits and you're home most nights to boot! P!$$ Poor!

Farty Flaps
20th Sep 2007, 11:29
Its all a load of bolox anyway. The non type rated advert for the 777 really means get your own cost type rating somewhere and well think about hiring you. Scam. Underwriting the trg department of a national carrier is bolox. But I bet there is enuff desperate wannabes with cash to do this nonsense

Lowkoon
20th Sep 2007, 12:26
If it was paid in GBP they might be getting close.

William A Bong
20th Sep 2007, 13:16
Does anyone know what the rate of tax is in Korea? Also does the UK inland revenue have an agreement that allow this amount do be deducted from the total due to the UKIR?