PDA

View Full Version : Britannia - Gerona 14/09/99.

quarterback
15th Sep 1999, 15:50
A very well deserved "thumbs up" and congratulations to the crew of this one...
Having seen the aftermath pictures, I think they performed one hell of a job getting it
down.....
The lack of fatalities and low number of injuries is a credit to the professionalism
not only of the flight-crew, but of the cabin-crew as well...

NICE ONE FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

blackbox
15th Sep 1999, 17:45
Here Here....

A word for the ops guys, as well who would have had to have dealt with the aftermarth...

Made a bit of a mess of the a/c....

Shag-Fest
16th Sep 1999, 00:31
Are you serious? Only if they diverted to a suitable aerodrome could they be congratulated. All this sorry episode could easily have been avoided. But then maybe we should wait for the AAIB to say so...

Free State Bandit
16th Sep 1999, 02:40
Shag-Fest, maybe you should stop talking out of your a**e and wait until the facts are known. From what I know these guys did a great job under the circumstances. From what I can gleen from all the posts, they made an approach onto 02 at GRN went around and were asked by ATC to divert to BCN only to be faced with worstening weather there so therefore made an approach onto 20, this is only my supposition. The METARS & TAFS did not seem all that bad for the area that night, although a few cb's had been forcast. I therefore suggest you keep your childish comments to yourself. I see you put your occupation down as a Captain in your profile, well try acting like one.

[This message has been edited by Free State Bandit (edited 15 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Free State Bandit (edited 16 September 1999).]

quarterback
16th Sep 1999, 15:07
Sorry Blackbox.....
Kinda forgot the guys with the large shovels.......
Guess I must have been thinking like a pilot!!!
Won't happen again!!!!

QB

Shag-Fest
16th Sep 1999, 21:41
Free state bandit (and you CALL my name!) Maybe you should take your own advice in this case. I did say lets wait for the report, but I think you fail to grasp to what happened here, I am all for supporting my collegues, but in this case I will refrain until I hear the real evidence, that is all I am saying, and I have a sneaky suspiscion that I will be proved right...

Free State Bandit
17th Sep 1999, 00:23
Shag-Fest, you cannot make a statement doubting the actions of the crew concerned and then in the same breath say lets wait for the AAIB report, that's a contradiction.
However, as you quite rightly said, lets just wait for the AAIB report. Then and only then can one start pointing fingers if at all.

Shag-Fest
17th Sep 1999, 01:02
Free, of course I can give an opinion whilst supporting the official investigation, why ever not? Anyway, lets wait for confirmation.

Arthur
17th Sep 1999, 20:59
Of course you are entitled to voice your opinion Shag Fest, it's just a shame that it is based purely on speculation. I hope you don't find yourself in a similar predicament to the Brittania crew, and if you do, I hope that some other a..ehole doesn't see fit to pass such ridiculous comments as you have.
You do your profession no credit.

Shag-Fest
17th Sep 1999, 22:46
Give it a rest Arthur me old mate :)

Oswald
19th Sep 1999, 18:57
Shag-Fest
I'm with you on this, as are many others I've spoken to.

Risky.Flyer
20th Sep 1999, 23:31
Oswald,
All of course who were in GRO that night.