PDA

View Full Version : How's it for you?

fsp2001
5th Nov 2001, 16:50
Any clues as to who has taken the worst hit in Ops/Crewing redundancies? We all know what's happening with the pilots but what about the backroom boys (and girls)?

Slotdesk
6th Nov 2001, 04:14
bmi..looking at up to 40 in ground ops/crewing...that's out of approx 120 of us..Can't wait for the 1st foggy monday morning of the winter...... :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Disruptive
6th Nov 2001, 13:47
Well, in this part of the world, no layoffs as yet. There are only 15 Crew Controllers for 3,500 crew so we are working with minimus anyway. But as always in these cases of disruptions and cancellations the backroom operational workload goes up.

united1
7th Nov 2001, 01:42
Done That,

Nice to see you on Pprune. Dont forget you know where I am if you need my services. Well if you can rescue me from the clutches of evil before the end of March 2002!!!!!!!

3 Off The Tee
11th Nov 2001, 06:02
United1

Fingers crossed recruitment will open up again early next year and we can save you from you know where...

First rounds on me at RBs :)

Blue Boy
11th Nov 2001, 19:45
United1 & 3 Off The Tee

Howz it Going??

Mad-Air
15th Nov 2001, 09:53
Well as a Charter (a new name and we've been number 1 for punctuality at LGW & MAN since we started on May 1st) outfit, we are "gurding our loins". The usual lay-offs of crew for the winter and a/c either parked up or sent overseas, but are looking to expand for summer 2002 (we'll have more a/c and a couple of outstations - quite possibly the only charter company to expand!) ;) I won't tell you the name - work it out!
All I can say is so far, so good! And it's enjoyable work as well....
:p :) :p

GOBWX
15th Nov 2001, 21:55
Your not the only airline expanding within the uk charter market...

We (also users of lgw) are right behind you and looking forward to yet another summer keeping the british holiday makers happy all the way to the med and beyond
:D :cool: :D

[ 18 November 2001: Message edited by: Monkey Boy ]

andyxjones
15th Nov 2001, 23:12
We seem to be loosing heads by other means, part-time working, unpaid leave, and standing loads of a/c down. The californian dessert is getting v.full right now. :(

[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: Planner ]