PDA

View Full Version : Jetplan support moving to the US

FlightPlanMan
1st Nov 2001, 17:27
Heard on the grapevine that Jepps are moving all Jetplan support to the US. The services of the Jetplan support staff at Gatwick are no longer required.

Not very good!
:(

GroupWatcher
1st Nov 2001, 17:44
That will truly be a loss, not only for the European operators, but also for Jepp. Denver isn't too familiar with the European area ("J" doesn't always work to get a legal flight plan in Europe).

That`s bad news...

Cheers
GroupWatcher

OO-AOG
3rd Nov 2001, 01:53
That's really bad news, do they keep the training facilty at LGW?

JB007
3rd Nov 2001, 02:09
That would explain the job losses @ LGW recently.

hfratz
20th Nov 2001, 15:35
An ex RAF friend of mine works for Jepp's in LGW and says this rumour is UNTRUE. Apparently they are just changing their support model to provide a more robust H24 service. There will be support being done from LGW which is just as well given that he reckons they have three new interfaces to their flight planning system.

Frankie Four Fingers
20th Nov 2001, 19:16
HD - your ex-RAF mate is just giving Jepp's PR spin, as the core help-desk staff have been made redundant with effect from year end - a great shame as I understand the local support to be valued by a lot of european opr's.
:(

hfratz
21st Nov 2001, 16:08
F4F, sounds like you know more about this than my friend ! He's quite sure the support is STAYING in Europe which is why he's in the process of buying a house !

Frankie Four Fingers
21st Nov 2001, 19:51
HD, try calling lgw jetplan support in jan. my monies on you talking to someone stateside. if thats good or bad - who knows.. time will tell by the customer base in europe.

oo-aog - think training will continue at lgw but best check with jepp direct