PDA

View Full Version : Handling the Big Jets...where to buy in the US?

Check Airman
18th Sep 2007, 21:37
Hey all,

I've heard so much about this book that I've decided to get myself a copy. However, the only place on the western side of the Atlantic that seems to have it is Amazon.com for ~$125USD.I think that's a bit much. I've seen it available elsewhere for less, but overseas. Can anyone point me to somewhere in the US where I can get it for a reasonable price? Or if not, a good site based out of the US that has it for a reasonable price?

It would be much appreciated.

To the mods: I wasn't sure of the best place to put this thread. Please move it as you feel appropriate.

jonjon
18th Sep 2007, 22:06
Check there, got mine for £4 including postage, ok I'm based in the UK but I'm sure some sellers don't mind sending over the pond.

J

Check Airman
18th Sep 2007, 22:15
Thanks for that suggestion. I just checked ebay. They've got it from a store here for $130. How big is this book, textbook sized, or is it something I can just throw on top of my flight bag?

covertwar
19th Sep 2007, 03:19
Go back to Amazon and get the ISBN number for the book. Head over to www.bigwords.com and type it in. The site can search most of the book selling websites on the internet based on that number and find the cheapest store. I used this in college to minimize my costs purchasing overpriced worthless textbooks. Good luck.

anthonny
19th Sep 2007, 03:28
Hi There. You my find this book on amazon.com and also at borders. I have this book and I think that you should consider to buy Ace for Technical pilot interview. This is much better and cheaper than Handling the big jet....

hvogt
19th Sep 2007, 16:24
How big is this book

15 x 22 x 3 cm

Flying Wild
19th Sep 2007, 16:59
I got my copy from Amazon.co.uk a couple of months ago for around £20. Have a look there - there are private sellers offering it from £14.98. I'm sure you'll be able to get it sent over to the US for not a great deal. It isn't a heavy book and could be sent as printed matter.

BelArgUSA
19th Sep 2007, 18:37
Order it from Foyle's bookstore in London...
Best bookstore in the world for aviation books...
Each time I go there, I fill a suitcase with books, and my credit cards get maxed-out...
It was my revenge to my wife's shopping in Carnaby Street area
Foyle's is just 500 meters from Trafalgar Sq.
xxx
Foyle's
Charing Cross Road 113-119 London WC2HO England
Phone +44 20 7437 5560
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

Tootles the Taxi
19th Sep 2007, 20:41
Bought mine from the FlightSafety bookstore at Vero Beach, FL. $65; assuming this is the Handling the Big jets by Dai Davis?

Check Airman
21st Sep 2007, 21:55
Thanks for all the info everybody. I should be able to get a hold of it now.