PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear it for UK ATC.

deltacharlieuk
1st Nov 2001, 20:02
Hello all. Although I am an avid reader but infrequent contributor to this great site, I feel moved to add some words of praise to our great UK air traffic controllers. I am a new first officer flying in and out of Gatwick, and I've got to say, the air traffic control is second to none. Flying a domestic up to Scotland is always hassle free no matter how unbelievably busy the frequencies are.

This is not meant in any way to suggest that ATC outside the UK is any different. Its just because I experience London and the South East on a daily basis, so I'm constantly humbled by their professionalism and calmness under what is often unbelievable pressure. Even more impressive, they manage to chip in with the odd sarcastic comment!

So lets hear it for the boys and girls at ATC. We pilots do appreciate you, even though we don't always show it!!

[ 01 November 2001: Message edited by: deltacharlieuk ]

JB007
1st Nov 2001, 20:26
DCuk,

Have you tried posting in the ATC Forum ? May as well aim it directly at all ATC staff...

HIP HIP HOORAY! - oh, and here's my cheer of support!

Moler
1st Nov 2001, 21:18
Good call.

I visited Terminal control at LATCC yesterday. Very friendly and hospitable people (and of course very good looking as well) Very interesting indeed. Thanks to you all - I enjoy working with you (and your colleagues in the museum!)