PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL CORPORATE OPS STAFF - advice please!

JB007
20th Oct 2001, 00:40
Guy's - a request on behalf of a friend whos looking for a computer based system to handle a number of task's...

Anyone from NetJets ? I hear they have there own superb system, would like to hear about it..

Operation size is fairly large and ideally would like it to be accessed by a number of departments and be able to cope with crew hour recording and stats, aircraft movements and possibly quotations...

If you know of any available to buy or someone who could develop one please drop me an e-mail...

Thanks,

Daifly
20th Oct 2001, 04:02
I work with the Airops system on a daily basis (www.airops.co.uk). It's a great system, can be mastered in a day by most users (there's always that one dimwit though!).

It'll do quoting, crewing (inc. FDPs), movements (you can do fancy stuff with it in terms of tech logging and parts - but I'm in Ops so that's all a bit beyond me!)

We use it (Gama), and at present I think the customer base is something like: Goldair, Falcon Jet (as in Dassault themselves), TAG Aviation (that might be Jet Aviation, can't remember!), Privatair, Chauffair, Air Foyle, London Exec amongst others (more on their website). Although that sounds like they're Exec Jet Operator based, they're not, it's just that those are the ones I work with and can remember!

We're lucky that they're just around the corner from our office so maybe we're a bit spoilt, but I'm impressed with it (having used other systems which are a bit more difficult to use).

It's easy to network it (we do) and we all share one database (don't worry, it's backed up!) I can also access it through Remote Access from home, so it can easily be made to work across international sites with the same DB.

As I say though, it's very user friendly.

Anything specific regarding it, feel free to drop me a line.

Dai.

OO-AOG
21st Oct 2001, 17:59
We use Airops in Geneva. Excellent and handy, the flight watch section is not that friendly though.

Cheers