PDA

View Full Version : hourbuilding for m/e

macflea
18th Sep 2007, 15:34
hi everbody,
i recently passed my jaa cpl skills test but i am short about 50 hours of p1 because it has taken me 4 years part time to get this far , i cant start either the m/e or i/r until i have at least 70 hours pic
i could
a) burn twenty hours in the sky in 152 to start m/e ,then start i/r then do another thirty hours.
b) get an faa ppl license and get a faa multi engine rating and build twintime hours which would stand to me for m/e and i/r.
c) any other suggestions
any suggestions would be appreciated of what you think.
cheers macflea

planeeasy7
18th Sep 2007, 15:41
How long will you skill test pass be valid for without applying for the CPL licence? is what id be asking

Do you have to have all requirements for CPL issue?

That might dictate you get your hours first

macflea
18th Sep 2007, 15:51
thanks planeeasy7,
just checked lasors cos i never thought of that,for license issue the skill test will remain valid for twelve months.

littco
18th Sep 2007, 16:39
If you go and get an FAA multiengine license, I think you will still have to convert it over to a JAA by doing a skills test in the UK, and if you plan on doing your IR in a twin then this is a must. Why not just go out to the USA for a 2 week holiday and get your 50 houyrs PIC while you're there. I,m assuming you've got your Night rating and X-country qualifier done otherwise you can't get you're CPL issued.