PDA

View Full Version : cx application

Rookie p
18th Sep 2007, 14:59
Can any you guys tell me how long it took for Cathay to reply to your application for a cadet pilot?

I've sent mine off a few weeks ago and still waiting....

If the application isn't successful, will they bother to reply at all?

thanks, a reply from ANYONE would certainly cheers me up

sunny_liverpool
18th Sep 2007, 15:56
they will reply you in letters if you fail

normally it takes a month or 2 months before you recieve the 1st call of 1st interview

it is because cathay pacific only open 2 classes for cadets

Rookie p
19th Sep 2007, 14:54
Cheers govena

homonster
3rd Oct 2007, 22:19
hey rookie
i received an email today from the CPP for 1st stage on the 2xth NOV, any news for u?

spooks
10th Oct 2007, 14:31
Anyone knows the statistics for the CPP, like how many usually apply each year and the success rates.

From what I understand they're taking in around 20ish cadets every year. Will this number change soon seeing that they've taken over KA?

capt_einz111
10th Oct 2007, 15:39
KA has here own cadet programme, so don't think there will be any changes in CX's cadetship.

Further, there are more slots available than suitable candidates

good luck with your application

montz
10th Oct 2007, 17:58

could you please explain what exactly you meant by that? :confused:

Swush
11th Oct 2007, 04:39
Means that although lots of people apply, not enough people pass to fill the courses :eek:

spooks
11th Oct 2007, 14:14
So there's no plans for merging the CX & KA cadet programmes then? Wouldn't it be more efficient and cost effective to merge it into one like SQ's.

capt_einz111
11th Oct 2007, 15:43
KA aircrew are operating KA-aircraft, the CX aircrew are operating CX-airfract. So how do you want to merge the cadet programmes? KA and CX still having 2 seperate flight recruitment departments.

sunny_liverpool
11th Oct 2007, 16:32
because their management teams and operations are totally different, what merge means is Swire Group extract profits from CX and KA now.

spooks
14th Oct 2007, 14:44
KA aircrew are operating KA-aircraft, the CX aircrew are operating CX-airfract. So how do you want to merge the cadet programmes? KA and CX still having 2 seperate flight recruitment departments.

SQ does the cadet recruitment and training for SIA Group's 3 airlines so any cadet can be booted off to Singapore Airlines, Singapore Airlines Cargo or Silk Air when they finish training.

So the same can be done for the Cathay Pacific Group and then maybe for the first time AHK would be hiring cadets. OK, so they are partly owned by DHL but that doesn't have to stop things...

Fine I digress, this forum's so full of pessimists....or am I one of the few remaining people that are not jaded in today's society.

benedictz
19th Oct 2007, 06:17
Hi all,

anyone know when is stage 3 and 4... as I have to book accomodation but they never state in the email?

Cheers.