PDA

View Full Version : Dude where's my pay rise??

primethius
18th Sep 2007, 12:35
It appears the NEW ALAEA is involved in a mud wrestling match with Q over who has ownership of the most profound fallacy.
This maybe a worthy adventure but it does not pay my bills.
The unemployed Federal Secretary and his long retired executive appointed General Aviation Councilor and his retired trustee seem intent on extending their existence because after all they have no other job to go to.
Foolishly members continue to finance this farce hoping that the CD distributed at election time may one day appear to be true.
You may not have noticed but the ALAEA coffers are diminishing due to fiscal incompetence and the people that accused the previous executive of uncontrollable spending are spending the Association money faster than
the Hilton sisters at a Hollywood Cokefest.
Let remind you, the current Federal President and Secretary vowed by the Binary imprints of the disc that they distributed to be inscrutable, open, honest and always accountable to members publishing documents that attest to their activities never behaving in a covert fashion that they beguiled the previous administration for.
SP was ousted from the Federal Executive because he objected to their lack of candor.
SP fought long and hard against this intransigence emerging a victor and
Ultimately gaining control of the offices that cause him so much trepidation.
It appears that the new lot has become more intransigent than the old lot not reporting back to the members that loyally supported them.

The Mr Fixit
18th Sep 2007, 12:48
Hold on for a second Primadonna I'll get you some tissues to dry your eyes

MMMMWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

primethius
18th Sep 2007, 13:06
Why should I dry my eyes when I am not crying.
My eyes are clear and I am asking questions that need to asked.
Questions that you MR Fixit obviously are not asking perhaps because of your ignorance but more likely your lack of intellect.

No SAR No Details
18th Sep 2007, 13:28
As a clear question goes "who has ownership of the most profound fallacy" is about as clear as mud.
And information such as " ALAEA coffers are diminishing due to fiscal incompetence " must only come from someone with access to the books.
Dude, are you on the executive?
Tell us what is happening on the inside. As a fee paying member I want to know.
Whats happening to my eba.
Let me guess 3% and f all.

primethius
18th Sep 2007, 13:41
If SP and his clowns fail to reach a pay rise agreement given the time frame set, then backpay will only be to the date of the new regotiation.
In effect if they drag this on too long what ever payrise the ALAEA may receive will only take effect on the new negotiation date.
SP due to the fact he is not affected would probably scoff at this situation, effected LAMEs I would think not.
The Association is not able to reach agreement and at the same time not able to win industrial action.
They accused the previous administration of capitulating to management at this point in the negotiation process but Iwill suggest you all were able to over service your mortages with the pack pay out you received reducing your long term debt.
SP and his circus will deliver you only grief.

No SAR No Details
18th Sep 2007, 13:56
As I said, "Clear as Mud".
As diatribes go primapius, that was a beauty.
Sounds like a winge that I haven't been offered a 10% pay rise by a company that is hell bent on screwing its employees to impress its shareholders.
I'll be first out the gate behind you in support of a payrise higher than 3%. Who else is with us?
2 weeks brothers, who is with us?

primethius
18th Sep 2007, 14:11
Let me make you and all of the understanders recognise this situation
Sub prime loans will hurt the general economy.\

domo
18th Sep 2007, 14:21
welcome back trustee 1

primethius
18th Sep 2007, 14:29
And now is the winter of our discontent yet glorious summer bring us this son of York Steve P. as he was staggering down the road ruthlessly struct a homeless porter with his shoe.

domo
18th Sep 2007, 14:31
members first
others last

The Mr Fixit
18th Sep 2007, 21:41
lol perhaps it's welcome back Trustee 2

One thing still remains true

LAMEs p!ss and moan but refuse to stand up, it matters little whether the exec is good or bad, strong unions have strong members not mercenaries, the A380 will be another example of this

No doubt negotiations are taken place in two camps atm, the exec trying to get a broad based outcome for as many members as possible and the Yum Cha club deciding how they can undercut the ASN and other LAMEs

primethius
22nd Sep 2007, 12:01
Perhaps it is more appropriate to focus on the running of the Executive.
This current executive seem to be having a dream run with unchecked unconstitutional behavior, substandard management of the members funds and the most profound flaw flagrant abuse of executive powers that make the previous guys look like choir boys.
If one of the executives members were to suggest that the executive was somewhat tainted that member today would be treated with the respect of opinion.
I'd suggest not, expulsion and a hot cup of coffee would be the minimum punishment.
These guys appear to be down in the dirt,or is that (down to earth) when it comes to vilification.
By the way No Sar you do not have to be a member of the executive to view financial reports it is by way of the constitution open and accessable to all financial members.
It is not appropriate to post it here as this site is public viewing by eligible members are able to view the records at any time.
I suggest if you are concerned about the financial situatiuon of the ALAEA you should write a letter requesting the report to the Federal Secretary.
Make careful note about the consultancy fees to the Down in the Dirt consultants.
The ALAEA has always remained bouyant fiscally by the previous executives despite the accusation of this administration of overspending.
If this fiscal incompetance remains unchecked the Association will be insolvent by the year 2010.
The next executive will inherit a financial basket case and the founders will have established this proud association for nought.
The ALAEA has gained the LAMEs of this country an established position in this country over the last 40 years.
It is sad but true that one stupid administration can undo the work of 4 decades.
At the rate we the Association are going there will be no ALAEA in the year 2010 to negotiate for EBAs it will be back to the craft Union dominination that nesessitated the ALAEA formation.
Sorry about the sentiment but the older Association Members will feel the same.

employes perspective
22nd Sep 2007, 20:46
the last admin done such a great job that 250 members got the arse,without even a single days walk out,nothing,the members lost their jobs and many are out of the industry yet it is screaming for engineers around the globe,what a fantastic legacy the left...

Grassmere Avenue
23rd Sep 2007, 00:03
A few thoughts....

It is where the company, who holds ALL the power wants it to be...
Delayed as long as possible..
They know that in the brave new world of Workchoices, there is no possible repercussions of not giving people what they want...
Quote "Don't like it, you know where the door is.."
As a group, LAME's are all bark.
People need to think about what they are prepared to do to get the outcome they are happy with.
If you won't do anything, have three percent and shut up.
'But what about my back pay?'
F*** the back pay....I wonder if QF knows that when you dangle a cheque in front of people to sign a substandard document, they usually sign because they want the money...
Something I have heard said to a rep...
A guy comes in from his one man pushback, and says 'Where's my EBA?"
Its nowhere because people like him and us want the money for no effort.
:ugh:

24th Sep 2007, 10:37
Why not go to an 8 hr shift??? I wonder how fast the company would com knocking on the door??

Blacksheep
24th Sep 2007, 11:12
Most organizations have a purpose. Can someone please state what, if anything, the ALAEA has ever actually achieved?

Bumpfoh
26th Sep 2007, 13:06
Soundly terribly like a disaffected previous ALAEA executive member or more probably someone closely linked to the aforementioned, being a red neck and all! :=

primethius
5th Oct 2007, 11:24
I am surprised if not somewhat dismayed at the viewership but lack of response to this post.
It appears most of you like to watch but do not participate, much like sex on the net.
This I trust is an open forum site for all to observe.
.Lately unlike the dirty campaign fought by the Members last party very little opinion has been voiced by people about this current executive.
For fear that you will be vilified by the media or perhaps you support of the activites of the current lot.
Support them then voice if not then fear not and speak.
By the way fallacy is a falsehood or the size of the fallace.

SeldomFixit
6th Oct 2007, 04:00
Blacksheep - to answer your question, at least 2 noteworthy achievements. Founding President worked his way to QF industrial relations and then onto the bench of the commission as a Justice and yet another from Association President, to QF Management ( although of course this may all be scurrilous rumour and unreservedly withdrawn should it prove to be false ). Those more in the know may be able to refute or substantiate. I severed ties with the lads after a change in direction.

yamaha
6th Oct 2007, 07:23
when will you engineers ever learn?

solidarity and support for your representatives gets results.

When will you wake up to the fact that your representatives are not the enemy?

Support them, criticise them in private (if you are sure you are well informed) but what you are doing here will make all of you insignificant.