PDA

View Full Version : AIRTOURS TRAGEDY

HAMSHANK
3rd Sep 1999, 21:21
I think all participants in this forum will join me in offering deepest sympathies and condolences to all families and colleagues of the victims of today's tragedy and also our thoughts are with the survivors.I think although the details of cause are not known it gives some thought to them occasions when us ops and crewing types are trying to get crews from a to b in order to facilitate a smooth programme by any means possible.Also thoughts with AIH ops and crewing whose "god forbid" scenario is reality today.
Hs

opsbod
3rd Sep 1999, 21:41
I'm sure I speak for all by work mates at the Orange mob when I say we would like to extend to the colleagues, family and friends
affected today by the Airtours tradgedy of our deepest sympathy and best wishes.

quarterback
4th Sep 1999, 00:55
As a former member of the AIH ops team,
my thoughts and sympathies are undoubtedly
with the friends/relatives of all the
crew involved, and the ops/crewing team on
duty at the time...
It shouldn't, however, be forgotten that
two other people lost their lives in this
incident...They will also be missed by their
nearest and dearest....

Here's hoping that the survivors regain
as full health as possible, as soon as possible....

[This message has been edited by quarterback (edited 04 September 1999).]

Captian Slackbladder
4th Sep 1999, 02:20
I would like to pass on our depest sympathys to all involved. Everyone at the ops/crewing department of the blue silver and white airline we shocked to here the news. Many times we have sent crews around the country like this. God forbid it happens to us.

Daifly
4th Sep 1999, 02:34
Hear hear quarterback.

We work very closely with EAC who provide back up for our BE20's in Scotland.

We knew both pilots and we shocked and saddened at such a sad loss.

Our thoughts are with their families, friends and colleagues at this sad time - as well as all those at Airtours.

Warteck
4th Sep 1999, 13:40
Sincere condolances to all family, friends and colleagues of both the EAC and AIH personnel involved.

This brings home the realities of the aviation business, when we tend to rant and rave over comparitively minor issues.

I really hope that not one pax onboard the accordingly delayed AIH flight to LEPA had the sheer nerve to complain about the delay. Although unfortunately I doubt it ...

Let's hope the survivors soon get back to good health.

A sad day.

[This message has been edited by Warteck (edited 04 September 1999).]

10W
4th Sep 1999, 15:09
Warteck,

There were TV interviews with some of the delayed passengers on last nights News in Scotland. Contrary to your obviously low opinion of pax they were all as deeply shocked as you would expect any human to be. Not one of them mentioned anything about the delay (which was only 2 hours - no big deal in the charter business.) I kind of think they understood the situation, although like most of us, they can't yet believe it has happened.

Condolences to all who have to deal with this difficult time.

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]
ICQ 18043595

ghost-rider
4th Sep 1999, 18:08
I can understand Warteck's cynicism re pax.

'Good' to see though (if that's the right word in these circumstances) that on this occasion they showed the required respect.

I just think everyone is still stunned by the tragedy.

[This message has been edited by ghost-rider (edited 04 September 1999).]

Warteck
4th Sep 1999, 18:20
10W,

No offence meant re pax.

I was just a bit choked at the event as a whole. (Thanks ghostrider)

10W
5th Sep 1999, 02:45
Wartek,

No offence taken, just thought you were being a little hard on pax who were not in a position to counter your statement.

Generally I can understand the frustration with pax, I am one a couple of times a week, and I wouldn't put up with me :)

I also knew John Easson, the Cessna Captain, so for me it is a hard time as well. I still await news of the surviving Airtours pilot's identity. I have several friends at Glasgow who it could be http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]
ICQ 18043595