PDA

View Full Version : oasis a340's

fourgolds
18th Sep 2007, 07:24
Any substance to this rumour gents. Cracks in the walls saying the A340,s might be a possibility at Oasis ? Just curious.

Labomba
20th Sep 2007, 14:14
Busses at O8? The rumour was in the air last year, but nothing since then...Those were the 346 (or was it-5?)that EK had refused, but that is history. The last interviews of the commercial VP (see "Flightinternational.com" a couple of weeks ago) was mentioning more 744, and possibly 777 in the long run (has been now mentioned by several mngrs).

Apple Tree Yard
28th Sep 2007, 21:16
Any truth to the rumour that Oasis is planning on a regional service to Bangkok, KL and possibly Singapore?

westie
29th Sep 2007, 21:42
A couple of questions re Oasis:

1. If they are planning massive expansion, are tey looking for direct entry commands<
2. Travelled with them recently and although impressed with the punctuality and seat cost, I was NOT impressed with the fact they looked at me as though I had two heads and went out of their way to NOT look after me when I mentioned the word 'upgrade'. I am an Airline Captain and although upgrades are not a God given right, I do think there should be a little more friendliness forthcoming when they are dealing with people 'in the same trade'.

Are there any Oasis guys out there who would like to comment?

f1aps f1ve
29th Sep 2007, 21:56
Which part of LOW-COST didn't you understand, Westie?

Dan Winterland
30th Sep 2007, 00:37
1. No.

2. Upgrades are available on the day, but you have to pay. Ask for details, sometimes they are discounted. A friend was upgraded for 70 GBP on one flight, but when I asked, it was full price as the flight was nearly full.

BMM389EC
30th Sep 2007, 02:32
AN AIRLINE CAPTAIN!!!! WOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!
Can we meet so I can get your autograph!!!???
:rolleyes:

dragon501
30th Sep 2007, 05:49
But I mean.."I am an airline Captain"...........
MWUUUAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHA, you wouldn't get it if u were George :mad: W. Bush mate.
Upgrades on HK carriers, I don't even ask, mind you, I am an FO......

westie
30th Sep 2007, 07:39
Interseting replies.....I thought my post would spark a few differing opinions.
Don - thanks for the very intersting reply. That's very good information.

Dragon - You seem to be more decent than some but please read my whole quote rather than just looking at one part and taking it out of context.

BMM, JizzM -You really need to get a life if you're capable of that but if your sole pleasure is to slagg off others then I am sure it will pass a few useful minutes for you. If you look at some of the other replies you will see that there are some decent people out there and some who have the preverbial chip on their shoulder. Your chips appear to be bigger than most. I repeat.....get a life before it's too late.

WCBIFF
8th Nov 2007, 05:17
Please.
All, Get a life!:rolleyes:

sawadecup
8th Nov 2007, 06:01
To me, asking for upgrade is like begging for something out of other sympthy. In this case, chinese are not afriad of lossing things. They look at you stragnely for upgrade while you are claiming yourself as a captain just becasue, and only because the "privilege" you ask deson't not match with your income status(if you are not a captain of a Mc Download, KFC). Captain, business is business, u will get what you pay, anything extra is simply out of sympathy. :=

preset
8th Nov 2007, 07:26
Huh ?:confused:

iBus
13th Nov 2007, 20:08
Busses at O8? The rumour was in the air last year, but nothing since then..

Any more recent news about O8 getting A340's?

Night Watch
14th Nov 2007, 00:16
starskate

Not exactly the right thread for this Question but.....

Sorry.... the laws and company regulations are a bit different here in Asia. There are No Airlines that I know of that will allow you to Jump seat like you do in the US. So as much as the flight crew would love to help you out... our hands are tied.

ECAM_ACTIONS!!!
17th Nov 2007, 13:11
i guess some "pilots" here are just abit jealous with others being captains.......or getting upgraded. some carriers just dont care if you are part of the industry. it would be a nice gesture to make it more comfortable for a fellow "airline mate". I do usually get bumped up.

anyways, whatever.............

sinkingship
21st Nov 2007, 09:52
I see their 4th 744 arrived B-LFD, nice and shiny parked at N142 this morning before being towed into the hangar.

kamarulhitam
21st Nov 2007, 19:48
Don Q, whitey syndrome here? Free upgrade, free f's? Get a grip and have some human dignity. My neihgbour's mutt does similar stunts when he begs for a bone!

AnAmusedReader
22nd Nov 2007, 01:53
I see their 4th 744 arrived B-LFD, nice and shiny parked at N142 this morning before being towed into the hangar.

and I'm pretty sure that I saw a 49er with shiny new 4 bars in the terminal the other day, and not one who had rejoined CX and then gone to Oasis. Has anyone else seen him?

Five Livers
22nd Nov 2007, 23:12
We've got more than one ex 49er and we're very pleased to have them!

Mr. Bloggs
23rd Nov 2007, 00:03
But, But, But, they got fired for a reason!!!!:ugh::ugh:

Man did we let them down.:(:(:(

Thanks for helping them out when we couldn’t. They are a good bunch. But some say I have rose tinted glasses.:D

Have fun with the 340’s. Don’t get the 300. Too much power.:E:E

Arrowhead
12th Dec 2007, 00:38
FYI if you travel Air Macau and send your business card up to the flight deck you should get an upgrade (subject to space). No chance for a jump seat.

But then again, why would you want to travel on Air Macau....?:eek:

CXtreme
12th Dec 2007, 03:46
Arrow..
because they treat their fellow aviators with respect

iBus
28th Dec 2007, 08:39
OK, can we please get back to topic: any news about AIRBUSSES (A340's) instead of freebie upgrades?

I'm rated on the miniBus and I received an email saying that I've been added to their recruitment list, hence my interest in this rumour.

Dragonball
1st Jan 2008, 21:20
Now I heard a rumour that Oasis were coming to MAN poss March 2008, that would make my day :)

Sygyzy
4th Jan 2008, 15:17
The park-up at KUL was never on the O8 fleet. It was a lease a/c that O8 decided not to take.

MAN is a 'definite maybe', served over DUS and would certainly help the monthly sector count and possibly save on base training trips.