PDA

View Full Version : Fact-finding in India

greywings
17th Sep 2007, 20:30
Dear All,

Thank you for your interesting comments. For a variety of reasons it is while since I have read pprune, and it is refreshing to see such professional and supportive comments. After a long spell as an active pilot I am now working as an aviation consultant, principally in the areas of crew selection and training. I will be visiting Delhi between the 28th September and the 6th October and wondered if there is a popular aircrew hangout where I could possibly meet some of you on Indian contracts and get a feel for what is going on? I have been known to enjoy an alcoholic beverage or two, while listening to 'war stories'!

Thanks in advance

Pushpak
18th Sep 2007, 09:28
can't think of any crew hangout place, during my time it was safdarjung airport cafe run by good old Lala...wonder where is now?? good old days... miss that place, simple menu of sandwich's and cutlets but plenty of gossip and news.If you working for the Indian DGCA then there is plenty to share.
Cheers

Nevrekar
18th Sep 2007, 14:21
Most of the contract crews in Delhi stay at the TAJ Hotel or the DLF City Club. A visit to the bar will most likely be the best way to find someone.
Don't worry, you''ll hear them!! The only downside is that all the expats are out flying 6 days a week, so it might be slim pickings.

greywings
18th Sep 2007, 14:32
Many thanks to both of you for your input. I am there for ten days so, hopefully, I will get a chance to meet someone while I am there.

CL604Driver
18th Sep 2007, 14:50
If in Mumbai PM me

greywings
18th Sep 2007, 21:06
Many thanks, I will do that.