PDA

View Full Version : Ops Staff Working Hours

Daifly
30th Aug 1999, 19:40
What shift pattern do you follow? I've explained mine in another topic, but just wondered what the rest of you do.
Do you get overtime, or just basic?

Would like to know to have a chat with the boss!

orange juicer
31st Aug 1999, 12:01
Unfortunately we don't get overtime. If we're called in on a day off, we just get a day off in lieu. All very well, but it does become very difficult to take the extra time off.
It's usually all the same people who are willing to come in. In my previous life, overtime was paid and it did a lot to increase motivation to cover sickness, leave etc.
The overtime subject has been brought up on many occasions at meetings with management and we always get the same reply.
"Forget about overtime, you will never get it. People will just have to learn to be flexible"
I think the company believe they bought our lives when they gave us our jobs.

Daifly
1st Sep 1999, 02:27
Mmm, know most of those comments very well!

It's slightly different for me, being in non-airline Ops Dept - there are only two controllers as such, so we work a hell of a lot of hours, meaning holidays, days off etc, need to be worked out months in advance - spontinaity to me these days is having cheese instead of beans on my toast! My company definately bought my soul... or am I just tired with it all...?

Perhaps it's time to take WWW's advice!