PDA

View Full Version : Flight Attendant from commercial to corporate

MissApproach
17th Sep 2007, 19:57
Hi All,
I have spent some time now trying to work out how to make the transition from commercial flying to corporate. I have been fortunate enough to get to the interview stage with a few, which may or may not lead to a position in the near future. It seems that if you know someone within a corporate airline or management company you have a better chance. I have a lot of contacts in aviation but not in corporate aviation!!! I am happy to be freelance as money/job security is not my priority, getting the break into something I am passionate about is.
Can anyone give me tips or advice (pm me if you prefer) on freelancing for the first time (as corporate F/A) and management companies/employers to contact who may be interested.
I have 11+ years flying experience including GA, commercial, single cabin crew and multi crew and training Av-med.
Thank you!

hoopla
17th Sep 2007, 21:59
www.aviationjobsearch.com that's a start, seems like there's loads out there right now
You're not the only one who has been on pprune looking for a foot in the door, most freelancers have done hard slog on commercial for years and just slogged a bit further.
From what you just said you've done GA, corporate and single crew operation, so what else do you need to know? Freelancing is a funny game, doesn't matter how much you love it because it all boils down to supply and demand.
If you've also been to interviews then keep at it girl

whisky777
18th Sep 2007, 05:28
Hi,

Totally agree with all you said, miss approach... I'm in the same situation... Desperate to get back flying soon as poss and have now been trying for so long to get into corporate/Vip work, that sometimes I despair! But I love my work and am hanging on in there by a thread, just waiting for my turn... Soul destroying at times, as I get offered work and then I am told I am too big ( size 12) or too old (35) or the contracts been withdrawn.Three weeks ago, I was offered a position, but they've decided to pull out (?!) I am now on a waiting list for one company ( who don't know when they'll need me (?)) and the others I have applications in with, I keep ringing up to see if theres any progress, but they just say wait... and of course, you sit and wait and wait... Its true, its a case of who you know and I've seen that first hand. For me, working is a neccesity financially ( don't even go there) and I've explored all options I can think of and given everything my best shot. I can only believe that I've worked too hard to give up on this now and am hoping my job is just waiting around the corner ( its a hell of a long corner, so far).
This is a tough business, we're all fighting for that break - hope we make it soon. Good luck to all in the same boat xx

MissApproach
18th Sep 2007, 12:00
Thank you all for replying!

Whisky777 - what a comfort to know I am not alone, same size and age!!! Fortunately I have not yet been told I am too big or too old, although it has crossed my mind. As far as I know employers can't say that, but I am sure they think it. I am under the impression that amongst many other qualities life experience is very important, especially when working single cabin crew.
I have always tried until now to do my own research and not rely on other peoples efforts, but I am panicking now as I am not getting younger and welcome any advice or tips! But do I really need to drop 2 dress sizes!?!;)
We just need that break - Soon!
x

themoonsaballoon
18th Sep 2007, 13:39
Jackie Van Dooren at Jet Personnel is always looking for well qualified, presentable ladies - give her a ring on +44 1494 882209.

Copied this from 4HP post, hope it helps,
TMAB