PDA

View Full Version : Another firefox problem?

tony draper
17th Sep 2007, 18:34
Got my firefox browser sorted after the problems I had a week ago,everything seems to be back to normal with one exception,I cannot use the back button? ie if I click on a link someone has posted on say pprune,it takes me to the linked website ok but the back arrow is not highlighted, so when I finish with that page I cannot get back to the original web page ie proon, I have to click the close page X at the top right of the page,this would have been ok at one time as it would have closed that website page and the original pprune I linked from would have been lurking behind it, not now, when I click on the close web page X it dumps me back to the desktop,and I have to click on the firefox icon let it load up again before I can get back to the pprune website, most annoying,any ideas as to the cause of this chaps?
Any help greatfuly received.
Tony
PS This not a problem with just pprune it's all websites.
:confused:

frostbite
17th Sep 2007, 19:51
Not using ff at the moment but wonder if the History function can be turned off (and has been)?

tony draper
17th Sep 2007, 21:38
No I have history set at one day,the back button works fine if I stay on one website,ie if I am sufing around within proon,its only if I lnk to another websit from within proon ie as today the QE2 webcam.
Been messing about a bit and I can get back to the original site if I use the "close tab" on file or keypress Control W on me keyboard.
The only thing that has changed from my previous install is Firefox downloaded with the google toolbar along the top of the Homepage screen below the Firefox toolbar,I dunno how to get shot of this as it is unneccesaryI am not that familiar with XP as yet.
:confused:

Saab Dastard
17th Sep 2007, 21:50
Check Tools/Options/Tabs?

Remove Google toolbar:

http://www.google.com/support/firefox/bin/answer.py?answer=45081&topic=11800

SD

tony draper
18th Sep 2007, 23:19
Thank you chaps sorry for the delay in replying,:ok:

IB4138
20th Sep 2007, 09:48