PDA

View Full Version : FAA Airline pilot to UK Bizjet pilot....

ViciousSquirrel
17th Sep 2007, 17:24
Afternoon all,

I'm thinking about a move back to the UK and was wondering how things look if you're an FAA rated pilot wanting to break into the UK bizjet world. I've been flying the EMB145 for two and a bit years as an F/O (got about 3000hrs TT and a UK passport) and have been wanting to move to corporate aviation for a while. I'd also like to get home to the UK but obviously the FAA ratings are a problem, though there does now seem to be a proliferation of N reg (or other) corporate aircraft now in the UK.

I've done a bit of research, have got a short list of companies, but thought this would be as good a place as any to start gathering a bit of information, particularly considering that, from what I've read, the responses on the bizjet forum here seem to be generally measured, helpful and informative.

Could anyone suggest companies with UK bases that might be prepared to consider FAA ratings?

Cheers,

VS

LRdriver II
18th Sep 2007, 11:41
Forget flying JAA reg'd aircraft without a JAA ticket, but I'm sure somebody could point you towards VP reg'd aircraft where your FAA ticket is legal for a validation without any hassels.
(That is of course if you have the right to work back in Europe)

youngskywalker
18th Sep 2007, 13:10
Corporate jets on the 'N' reg in the UK, tend to be owned and operated by private companies, you'd be surprised how many high street stores own a biz jet! In my opinion it is quite difficult to get a job flying one of these unless you happen to know somebody within the company. Sometimes you will see them advertise in the back pages of 'flight'. Networking seems to be very much the way to do this, if you can get to meet as many crews as possible then you stand a better chance of finding work. Perhaps taking a ground job with an FBO like Signature at Luton/Biggin or somwehere with lot's of corporate aircraft. Either way you require a fair bit of luck, but it's far from impossible!:ok: The best way to find a job in europe is with the JAA Licence, for some it's not an option though.
Good luck

1Bingo
19th Sep 2007, 23:32
Subscribe to 'Climb to 350' website