PDA

View Full Version : What does it really take to get an FO slot in China

airships2007
17th Sep 2007, 08:13
I am a US FAA ATP MEL with Commercial Lighter than Air currently living and flying airships in Beijing for the upcoming Olympics. I have a total of 4,000 plus hours with most of that in MEL piston P-135 (P-31-350) with a bit of Turbo prop (King Air / Cheyenne III) and jet (L-24) mixed in. Knowing the market is booming in China, what is realistically needed to get on over here? Are you able to fly right seat without transferring the ATP to CAAC and how is the interview and sim rides taken care of? Like I said I am currently flying LTA and need to get current in the tin stuff. I have an offer to rejoin US flying P135 in AK, but I really feel the opportunities are vast over here. Any help and or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

fiftypercentn1
17th Sep 2007, 08:24
the question is...why would you want to be an FO in China?! u ever spoken to people (expats in particular) who have flown there as FOs?
my suggestion is to look somewhere else.

airships2007
17th Sep 2007, 08:42
well i have too admit at times i ask that as well. my best answer seems to always focus on the equipment. i would hope to fly here for a few years and then head back to the states for a legacy carrier. the regionals pay absolute crap in the states and i could still maintain my airship duties on the side as a consultant here which would subsidize my income while flying for the airline.