PDA

View Full Version : Any signs of cutbacks in the Charter Airline's yet ?

JB007
22nd Sep 2001, 21:12
( Waco ) ?

Would be interested to hear if anyone know's of a recruitment freeze in any of the "charter" airlines for Ops/Crewing folk...

Cheers,

waco
22nd Sep 2001, 21:42
Hi JB

Nothing cut as far as I know yet. I guess we all have programmes to complete as far as S2001 is concerned.

However, I guess it depends now what George has planned next week.

JB007
22nd Sep 2001, 21:54
"Looks like I picked the wrong month to become a pilot" !!!

Thanks Waco..
Any other comments would be useful guys...

Mr Angry from Purley
23rd Sep 2001, 23:07
JB - As Waco says can't see much change until Winter although the outlook for any redundant Gill Staff looks bleak. If any charter airlines have any positions they will probably manage until the winter, and therefore on reduced staff until Summer 02.

The only positive view i can think of is that the Pilot community will hopefully be a bit more company minded than perhaps they normally are (some of waco's lot springs to mind). Up until recently its been a Pilot market but since the aweful 11/9 this is no longer, they can no longer guarentee there is another job in A N OTHER airlines for them. After all we love the working day, the power it gives us, but most of all we love our pay cheque at the end of the month. Ops and Crewing bods have always been aware of that, Crew - not always.

One last note, Operation Desert Storm started on 15th January, ILG (Air Europe) collapsed March 8th.

:mad: :mad:

Big Tudor
24th Sep 2001, 18:42
AIH have announced total block on anymore recruitment, unless a firm offer had been made and accepted by the individual. Tim Byrne has said redundancy, although nothing planned at the moment, cannot be ruled out.

Ex Servant
29th Sep 2001, 13:21
Looks like the colleges aren't going to churn out any new faces into your field either. I wanted to go back to East Surrey and retake the one paper I need to finish the C&G Flt Ops course but it doesn't appear that they are going to run the course this year. Hope you all manage to find something. BRegards

crazycaveman
30th Sep 2001, 04:16
Ops in BAL are waiting with trepidation to hear our fate...we've had a freeze on recruitment, the intro of a new computer system and the concept of a single european ops centre hanging over our head...

Which ever way it goes it looks like some of the 'boys from the hood' are gonna be culled.

If we get the new 'puter some crewers and rosterers are done...if the single ops centre is in HAJ we're all done...

Mind you...in BAL if you're a dinosaur, the 'dundy package is a good one.

:rolleyes: :cool: :p