PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to become a pilot at Kenya Airways?

obat
17th Sep 2007, 02:25
I'm a kenyan aged 19 and my dream has always been to work for Kenya Airways.I finished high back in kenya with good grades. Im currently residing in the US.what i would like to know is what are the requirements for someone like me to become a pilot at kenya Airways and how long might it take me to become one.please help

IronHide
17th Sep 2007, 09:32
try the following link it might help. http://career.kenya-airways.com/careers

ugflyer
18th Sep 2007, 05:40
Hey lad, go find yourself a flight school and start working away. Get all your training up to commercial pilot level done here in the US. Then go home and convert your FAA to CAA. And if you know some well placed people, you will be in with low time. Otherwise, plan on instructing to build more hours and you will get in some day between now and then! Good luck mate.

Rat Catcher
18th Sep 2007, 06:23
AND........
A
Large
amount
of
patience!:ugh::ugh:

It is not so much who you know now (although I'm sure it helps:E:E:E),it is all about meeting their requirements..perhaps you should write direct to them and see if the abinitio program is still running where they train you!
Good luck :ok:

obat
18th Sep 2007, 21:13
can any one please help me on how i can become a pilot at kenya airways am 19 years old and my dream has always been to fly for kenya airways am currently living in the US and i would like someone to guide me on what i should do

SIMBA KALI
19th Sep 2007, 19:39
kijana.....get a good training facility for your flight training here in the states. Its a hussle now with the TSA if you have INS status issues because they have to clear you first. If you have any visa violations...:ugh::ugh::ugh: Then after you finish with a CPL get some experience either as a full time flight instructor or get on a flight back to Africa like most are doing and work kidogo while you gather experience. Otherwise, KQ is every kenyan pilots dream and it ain't easy to get in especially rookies :=:= unless your have "ties" with someone in KQ who would let you in with 250hrs under your sleeve. But be very patient, it a dang long line and am also one of them :} Good luck kijana:ok:

futurekenyanpilot
21st Nov 2007, 19:57
things are a lil bit channging at kq?its nolonger fully who u are but also what u are. if u got ua cpl n flight experience in the us, then all u need is to present ua cv down there, the new hr manager isnt that triabalistic. conversion is the problem.u can always meet some captain over there who can hook u up with the chief pilot.atleast there are captains from all tribes.my friend got hired recently, he trained at western michigan university n got a job right away with amerinet airlines. after 6 months he left for kq. wmu is a very good school.