PDA

View Full Version : want to do flight dispatcher course in melbourne australia

capt.huma
17th Sep 2007, 00:07
Hi
I Am A Female Pilot.i Have Cpl/ir License.now I Want To Do A Flight Dispatcher Course In Melbourne Australia.i Have Searched Alot But I Could Not Fine Any College.please ,if Anybody Know About This Course In Dispatcher Course Let Me Know.i Will Look Forward To Your Reply.

Regards

tooth
17th Sep 2007, 02:01
Hi Capt.,

Flight dispatcher courses are available in Emirates Aviation college, Dubai. You get a GCAA licence .

www.emiratesaviationcollege.com (http://www.emiratesaviationcollege.com)

evertonmad
17th Sep 2007, 06:26
I also recommend Flight Safety La Guardia (New York). The FAA Dispatcher License is still the most recognised internationally. I know this because I have a FAA and GCAA licence.

http://www.flightsafety.com/DispatcherTraining/home.php

capt.huma
17th Sep 2007, 10:30
Hi
Thank You So Much For Your Reply.........yes I Have Seen The Emirates Aviation College.but I Want To Do In Melbourne Because I Am Moving To Melbourne For A Year.........

Right Now I Am In Dubai With My Family.i Am Thinking To Do It Form Here First Then Move To Melbourne.but,if I Will Do It From Here Then Can I Get The Job In Melbourne ,australia.will They Accept It??????
I Am Worried.please Help Me .....

Regards

capt.huma
19th Sep 2007, 20:27
PLEASE GUYS..........GIVE ME THE INFORMATION I AM WAITING FOR YOUR HELP................
:ugh: :rolleyes: :bored:

CFPlnr
28th Sep 2007, 10:42
If you mean Flight Planning !!
I'm Sorry, but there's no such course in Australia.

code one
28th Sep 2007, 12:32
Hello

I have only one question.....You are already holding CPL with IR and still you require a dispatch license? Why?

License for dispatching is only required in countries where dispatch is considered a 'regulated' profession like in Germany you need LBA license (the best), FAA license in USA (good) and GCAA in UAE (average).

You can very well work as dispatcher in Australia if you want to with your present qualification....

Hope this helps......

Regards
Code One:)

capt.huma
28th Sep 2007, 23:40
thank u so much for ur reply...........
:E
Acctually i want to do it because i want to work anywhere in this world untill i will get the job in an airline as a cockpit crew.....were u telling me that i can do a job in australia with my present qualificatin?r u sure...but i dont have any license of flight dispatcher:ugh::hmm::sad:

somebody ask me to do it in dubai.but there is no seat for the next batch which is starting in the end of oct.:{

i dont know what to do now

code one
29th Sep 2007, 08:14
Hello Captain

hmmm...looking at your current scenario it sure raises an eyebrow:rolleyes:....well to be practically honest I would strongly suggest the following to you:

Do not waste your hard earned money on the dispatch license as you are already in the other league and going in reverse gear does not justify....

Instead of going for dispatch license or even thinking/sulking of HOW to get one you should put that effort in finding an entry level job in 'aviation'.....now looking at your current qualification you sure cannot get into the right seat BUT you can surely get a break as ops coordinator (DSP license not required) or even assistant dispatcher for which DSP license is required but you can definitely get a 'break' seeing your background. You would need to come across as a confident and strong candidate to the interviewer :E After you start working then only get a license. This option to me makes sense and its a safe way of going around...

Make sure if you are targeting your entry job market then give emphasis on turboprop operators with whom you can have a start in their operations dept and then later on you can even earn your wings (a self paid typerating for Beech/KingAir would also do). There are quite a few prop operators in australasia and you can try your luck there....

I will not suggest you to go for an airline ops dept cuz getting a breakthrough in airline right seat is ....lets face it ... almost close to impossible with no time on jet..... :\.......hmmmmm....other way out could be.....if you are already working in the airline as dispatcher and you are rich enough to PAY for your own type rating on B737 / A320 which would come to around 25000 USD (Lufthansa Flight Training or some other school) plus you are on excellent terms with Director Ops or Chief Pilot ...then you might stand a CHANCE ! ;)

So looking at the above brings us back to realistic situation which should be entry level job with a prop operator .. start working and show your full dedication + motivation + inspiration + aspiration and last but not the least ... despiration and you might get to wear those three stripes:) after two or three years...

Once you finally get on that right seat then you know the routine....gain hours until you are above average and then decide if you wanna go for corporate or airline world !!

Start sending your resume to every tom dick and harry ... from middleast to far east ... :O if you need any help on where to look ... drop me a line..

Best of Luck :ok:

Dam
29th Sep 2007, 13:27
Hi ,
Codeone is right you don't need a dispatcher licence in Australia. You can apply without any licence or with a forein licence.It seems that the emirates course (made by the jeppesen academy) has now a good reputation .
Good luck

capt.huma
30th Sep 2007, 22:51
HI
thank you so much for ur reply.....