PDA

View Full Version : atpl exam question

dct liv
16th Sep 2007, 21:38
Hi all
studying 4 atpl subjects at the moment through distance learning. I have completed looking over all the material. having done online progress tests and completed the specimen questions in the oxford manuals and the oxford cd. so i basically have been doing just questions for the last 2 weeks, are the questions in the oxford manuals and cd a good indicaion of what is asked in the reall exam or is there a big difference.

Nozwaldo
17th Sep 2007, 11:07
The Bristol GS online questions are the ones to sign up for £50 for 3 months access. http://www.atponline.gs/jalo/index.asp. I used these for my last 5 subjects & found them invaluable.

Noz

bobster1
17th Sep 2007, 18:47
Hi there, I did not study through OAT, but I did have there manuals and CD, the questions are a fairly good indication of what you will see, some of the questions are in fact a lot more in depth and calculative than the real ones, but its all good preperation.
I found (and Im sure others will back me up) that Bristols online question bank is as near as you can get to the real thing and well worth a small investment of £50.
But be aware that the question banks that the CAA use are constantly having new questions added, and therefore just learning answers to questions is not really good enough, you have to know the subject in case something new does crop up, having the subject knowledge will mean you can work out the answer.
If your doing well with the feedback and sample questions you have got, then all should go well.
I am sure your instructors have told you already RTFQ and RTFA, (read the f#*$ing question, same for the answer), its easy to slip up by misreading.
Best of luck with it all.

neilia
18th Sep 2007, 16:06
The Oxford questions in the books and CD are representative but not up-to-date. You're best of using Bristol for exam preparation, as their question bank is constantly updated.