PDA

View Full Version : Ident tape help

Nopax,thanx
16th Sep 2007, 21:12
Hi all;

I'm looking for some ident tape to use on our fleet of warbirds to prevent misidentification of instrument lines. You know the stuff, colour-band coded with symbols to show which system a pipe or hose is supplying. All I really need is a Boeing/BAe/RAF stores ref number that I can give to a supplier to see if they can find it, or a friendly mech who would like to do their bit for air safety and might be able to get me a roll (we have about a dozen aircraft, so one roll would be ample) I could probably even sort out a payment or gift for a donation like this. We're in the UK, but can go worldwide to find it.

Here's hoping and thanks in advance for any leads.

Cheers;

Nopax

Rigga
16th Sep 2007, 22:15
Ident Tape - What systems? - What Coding do you need?
In my experience there are about 30 different Types/Markings/Patterns so you would have to be a bit more specific about what you want!

There is an ATA spec on this tape so you might try there for a start.

Nopax,thanx
17th Sep 2007, 10:12
Hi Rigga;

As I said, it's for the instruments, so what we are trying to do is have pitot and static lines clearly marked to avoid confusion. I'm pretty certain that there is a Boeing spec for the tape, but as I don't have access to any of that kind of info here, and all of my vendors want a part number before they can go out on a search, I am not getting anywhere fast at this point in time.

Thanks for the ATA idea, I shall explore that one.

forget
17th Sep 2007, 10:43
Look here
http://assist.daps.dla.mil/quicksearch/basic_profile.cfm?ident_number=40185

Go down to pdf Rev B.

Nopax,thanx
18th Sep 2007, 07:10
Forget;

You da man! Many thanks for that, I will now go and throw that at my vendors. Owe you one.

Cheers;

Nopax