PDA

View Full Version : Can You Help Me!?

GHB100R
16th Sep 2007, 17:41
Hey Everyone,

Wondering what i should be best at at school to have a good chance of being selected to fly for an airline. Would you say its difficult and is the lifestyle ok? Do airlines pre-select people if they stand out? If so, what do they stand out in?

Best Regards,

GHB100R

asuweb
16th Sep 2007, 17:49
To be honest mate, as long as you have a good grounding in English and maths, the airlines aren't especially interested in what subjects you take. They are far more interested in your flight training and command potential.

The lifestyle varies from airline to airline and from shorthaul to longhaul, since no two people are the same, it's very difficult to say what the lifestyle is like, because what suits some people would be the next persons nightmare.

The days of full sponsorship is sadly gone for good, however certain airlines have started to pre-select candidates prior to them commencing flight training. Places on these kind of courses are fiercely competitive. The majority, myself included, fund the training themselves and apply to airlines once qualified.

GHB100R
16th Sep 2007, 18:37
Cheers,
Do you know how old you have to be to get pre-selected and how to get pre-selected?

Best Regards,

GHB100R

moggiee
16th Sep 2007, 21:07
Physics will be handy, too.

The RAF always used to say that for A levels maths, english language and a physics-based science were the requirements.