PDA

View Full Version : Airline Association Of Nigeria (aon) And Mma2

18left
16th Sep 2007, 16:38
In a recent newspaper clip the above association,in a press communique,ordered ARIK and VIRGIN NIGERIA to vacate the International terminal in lagos for MMA2 as there continued presence there posed a security risk and has lead to increased cases of drug trafficking.
This has lead me to believe that this organisation must be composed of stage comedians and clowns the following are points noteworthy to buttress my claim
1.Do they realise how small MMA2 tarmac is?Aero that operates from there already consumes 40% of the tarmac space available,so where is the space for Virgins six 737's and fokkers 50s not to talk of arik's ever expanding fleet of over 14 aircraft
2.Thier logic that there is a security risk in blending local and international traffic is highly myopic,cos are they saying that people who travel locally are terrorists and international travellers saints?
they obviously must have seen flight connections in other major airports of the world,have they been able to offer any discernable way of connection, for the arriving passenger at MMA2 connecting to an international flight?
3.all passengers on international departures are screened by the Drug enforcement agency,so where lies the connection with the local connection?
4.Drug trafficking has long exisisted before Arik and Virgin Nigeria moved there and has had no impact on the number of arrests
5.the trio who made the press briefing are the dead beats of the aviation community in nigeria.
One emerged from no where and no one knows where and what his experience in aviation comes from,as the last known airline he worked in collapsed long ago due to financial mismanagement
The second fellow was indicted for fraud from his days at Nigeria Airways ,and the airline he formed has had no effect on transforming the industry as it has largely been comatose,depeleting form five aircraft to two after three crashes in two years,and finally the third fellow works in an airline recently discribed as a glorified molue service,an airline that in over ten years in existence cannot reinvent itself or intoduce new aircraft products or routes just stagnant
My advice to VK and Arik do your thing,and what you thinks is economically right,ignore this geezers,they are largely part of the problem

chusan01
17th Sep 2007, 14:44
Keep taking the Nigerian Brain Pills...............:ugh::ugh:

AVSEC
17th Sep 2007, 18:20
awwwwwwwwwww come on...Thats a bit harsh innit?
I am sure MMA2 can handle all operators.Not everyone has to have scheduled flights operating at the same time,do they?

Rani
17th Sep 2007, 20:54
AVSEC, you're basically referring to slot system traffic movement, but still nomatter how you look at it the facility and ramp are quite smaller than anticipated. Bi-Courtney even suggested the GAT ramp will be used for its own remote parking at peak hours, even charging fees for said stands.
What I find puzzling is the gap between completion of this terminal and the (non)start of construction of the planned Terminal 3 (also Bi-Courtney). Terminal 2 took 4 years to build. At this rate the identical T3 wouldn't open before 2011! With current growth projections of 15% (conservative) and assuming no catastrophic crashes occur again, domesic passenger traffic will hit 6.0 million by 2011. Terminal 2 is said to accomodate 5 million pax/year. Would someone explain to me what's going to happen during 2010 ? :} I predict external checkin (a-la-Miami airport and Jetblue terminal JFK at times of crisis). Ikeja will have a new marketplace :}

Hopefully Bi-Courtney has acquired vital experience in terminal construction/management and will be able to deliver Terminal 3 sooner than 2011, but I wouldn't bet on it.:p VK and W3 are quite justified in holding tight on their MMA T1 space. They wouldn't want anybody else to snatch it in light of T2's modest scale.

NaijaNinja
20th Sep 2007, 02:53
Rani, Computer Village, Ikeja will have a sister market!