PDA

View Full Version : Comair Training Captains leaving?

777Contrail
16th Sep 2007, 14:33
Is there anything true in the rumour that some of the senior Comair Training Captains (DE's) are going for interviews in the ME?

Avi8tor
16th Sep 2007, 19:05
Well then, some of that record profit might have to go on bigger training allowances then, wont it.

You have to love the Law of Supply and Demand. Maybe take a few unhappy SAA campers. That would be a show for the books. :}

Goldfish Jack
16th Sep 2007, 19:35
KNow of one yes.
Also a few captains due to leave as well...

Apparantly over 35 SAA capts at the last Emirates roadshow nevermind first officers - any idea how many of them got interviews?

Such is the life of supply and demand - you getting old and you need somewhere to go to top up your pension - you go after the money....
JUst means more movement for the youngsters - can only be a good thing.

line-driver
16th Sep 2007, 20:16
4 line captains already interviewed and either in resignation period or awaiting starting dates, 2 training captains going for interviews, a few more captains awaiting the call to go the interview, its almost difficult to keep up with all the latest rumors of who is already going, who is waiting to go and those wanting to go, very difficult to find a few individuals that actually want to stay.

newcrew
16th Sep 2007, 20:51
very difficult to find a few individuals that actually want to stay.

WHY

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

:(:(:(

:ok:

line-driver
16th Sep 2007, 21:23
very difficult to find a few individuals that actually want to stay.

WHY

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

:(:(:(

:ok:Do a search re:Comair, and thou shalt see, bonuses below those given to remainder of staff, salary increase or lack there-of for the last 3 years +, flight times now pushing the 900hrs a year mark, duty times and hectic rosters, max FDP, Minimum rest, multiple sectors, fatigue etc are all factors.

Managements non-caring attitude is the remainder of the equation, but the staff are forced to give more and more for less and less, and no sign of any thanks forthcoming.

Apparently when the pilot resignation problem was presented to management and the impacts on experience, flight and duty, scheduling, rostering safety etc, managements response was "do we still have CV's on file :hmm::hmm: yes :ooh::ooh: then let them go :E:E no worries".

The need to retain experienced pilots, training captains etc for safety and operational efficiency and the need to reduce the amount of training is downplayed in favor to operating profits and margins.

Romeo E.T.
16th Sep 2007, 23:31
downplayed in favor to operating profits and margins.

true...but thats the way of todays money hungry, care for the JSE numbers and not the employees game, and I don't think its just at Comair....just look at the SAA thread where once again the CEO will probably also get a "FAT bonus" after putting out of work and into poverty many families all in the interest of money money money $$$$$$$.

JetNut
17th Sep 2007, 08:03
What a bunch of pathetic whingers,

A company makes profits and its suddenly a bad thing. This is how business is run throughout the world, profits are made, top management make alot of money. Grow up.

If you don't like the way it works, go study accounting/financial management, get an MBA and become a top manager.

Those who choose to fly aircraft for a living, accept the consequences and lack of financial compensation. That's the way of the world. So stop being a baby.:{

Avi8tor
17th Sep 2007, 10:59
Those who choose to fly aircraft for a living, accept the consequences and lack of financial compensation
I do have to crack a smile. Sorry guys, no pleading poverty. Airline pilots, in the bigger scheme of things, are fairly well paid. SA is a country where the AVERAGE person lives in a shack.

Comair are going to find they are gonna have to reach into there pockets for some more for the pilots. Though the forces of supply and demand coupled with collective bargaining, I reckon therein a good spot right now.

Same happened at Link a few months ago.

Avi8tor
17th Sep 2007, 19:23
Doubt it, asia and china are the big drivers for the SA guys looking for expat type jobs.

TwinJock
18th Sep 2007, 05:22
Not just training captains, managers e.g. chief training captain, ex chief training captain etc are on their way. Salaries, poor management, political situation in SA, the lure of new equipment etc etc. Many reasons for setting sail!!

Welcome to Dubai brothers!!!:ok:

BMM389EC
18th Sep 2007, 05:32
How about some names, or initails at least? I used to work there and am interested to see who's leaving?

777Contrail
18th Sep 2007, 06:30
Don't know if names should be given. Managent may not be all that overjoyed.

fluffyfan
18th Sep 2007, 07:06
I think Management's days of cheap easy to obtain pilots are numbered, they may just find that the graph of training costs versus pilots salary's start diverging...........hold on a sec, its the training guys that are leaving, now what?

BMM389EC
18th Sep 2007, 07:18
Sorry-I meant those who have already made it known that they are leaving......

FlingWingKing
18th Sep 2007, 08:52
Just spoke to a mate at Comair....

21% of the 170 pilots are on the brink of leaving....thats 35 pilots

line-driver
18th Sep 2007, 10:55
MNL has issued a strongly worded statement of concern and thanks to the pilots for staying proffesional thru these difficult times on the roster message board.

Has mentioned that he has and is still having ongoing and very urgent meetings with HQ with the big problem at hand.

777Contrail
18th Sep 2007, 13:12
21% already this year. That was the total for last year as well. September isn't past yet, that's 3/4 of the year = 21%. Full year = 28%

49% in 24 months!!!!:eek:

Surely NO training dep. can keep up with that endlessly!?

No wonder the training guys want to get a camel conversion!

Avi8tor
18th Sep 2007, 13:22
Supply and demand. Its a great thing. The guys must just stand behind CPA

propdrop
19th Sep 2007, 11:00
salary increase or lack there-of for the last 3 years +, flight times now pushing the 900hrs a year mark, duty times and hectic rosters, max FDP, Minimum rest, multiple sectors, fatigue etc are all factors.

Managements non-caring attitude is the remainder of the equation, but the staff are forced to give more and more for less and less, and no sign of any thanks forthcoming.

Is it just me seeing the Nationwide Culture here? And to think a mere two years ago (and still continuing) everyone was/is lining up for them.:ugh:The short and the long is as long as there are pilot's with their souls for sale, and who put up with these conditions. nothing, i repeat nothing will change. Right now there is still a much higher supply than demand. I do agree though, whatch this space, it won't be the case for much longer.

Shrike200
20th Sep 2007, 05:08
If this is how Comair stands, just try and imagine the carnage at Nationwide. The chaos is immense, multiple resignations on the cards. VB, DH etc still clueless.

777Contrail
20th Sep 2007, 10:18
Clueless : Somehow that one word sums it up for SA airlines at the moment.

If the airline management in SA don't wake up soon, they won't have airlines to manage..........(it may be too late already!)

Emirates is just the tip of the iceberg! (at the moment)

India and China are looking for pilots. On a scale no-one can imagine!

Boeing estimates that China will place orders for 3500 new wide body a/c over the next 20 years. India will be just behind on those numbers.
Australian airlines want to get a slice of the pie that their main trading partners in the region are having..............

Now back to Emirates, they want to be the largest airline in the world in 20 year's time...........

Get the picture?

fluffyfan
20th Sep 2007, 10:43
777Contrail when they finally realise that there are no long term pilots in SA anymore and the training is killing them.........who will they turn to to give concessions? The pilots and Cabin Crew once again

But its all good, maybe there will be a little place in the sun for all of us in Australia soon.

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Sep 2007, 10:46
We can only hope, Fluffy....:ok:

dickyd737
22nd Feb 2008, 08:03
everything changed recently, a few cancelled resignations from top guys, the gold lies at:) the bottom of the pan, the mud washes away downstream.
noise is a good camoflage for ignorance, damn i should have been a philosopher!!!!!!!!!!!!

dickyd737
22nd Feb 2008, 08:18
CB, JV, CP.

Thats all i know of, everyone knows.
JV cancelled his resignation afer the increase, hope that helps.