PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Editing And Producing Suites

SPIT
16th Sep 2007, 12:22
Hi
At present I have ROXIO 9 suite for editing and making DVD's but I find it to complicated. Does anyone have ANY suggestions (other than getting stuffed) if there are ANY SIMPLE (as I seem to be a bit thick with these) suites I could get/use to produce reasonable home DVD's ????:confused::confused:

Bern Oulli
17th Sep 2007, 18:12
I'm using Magix Movies on CD & DVD v.4.0. I have no trouble with that - it even allows you to customise the menu and chapter sub-menu. I've since upgraded to Magix Movie Edit Pro 11.0., but I have yet to use it so can't comment.

Mr Grumps
21st Sep 2007, 20:50
I use Cyberlink Power Director and find it easy to use. Seems to give good results.

The late XV105
21st Sep 2007, 22:21
I have wrestled with various iterations of Cyberlink over the years, but unfortunately whilst some of the features are nice, I found it to be buggy software that got buggier with each new release. I am far from alone and know several other users who like me gave up with it. Having given up, it was a nightmare to remove every last trace from the PC, too, despite use of CCleaner and RegSupreme Pro.

I was pursuaded to move to a bundle comprising Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum and DVD Architect. The outcome? Truly, superb. All the features you could want, very slick operation, help files actually worth having (which can also be used to guide you in real time), professional results, and utterly stable.

Worth every single penny of the sixty quid I spent at Amazon. Infact, if I had spent twice as much I would still be as happy with it.

You'll even find a page on the subject at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Vegas

spannersatcx
22nd Sep 2007, 10:06
pinnacle studio is quite simple to use.