PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - baggage fiasco

emu787
16th Sep 2007, 10:06
I have been informed by a reliable source that Emirates baggage transfer system in Dubai is that bad that Perth alone has over 500 bags MISSING and the other night 12 transit pax arrived in PER with no bags.

I have been told there is a hectare of black bags sitting in Dubai and will never be returned!

Not really a world class standard being set!

The Voice
16th Sep 2007, 10:35
Really? Thats interesting - I flew with them and arrived into PER last Thursday. My flight was full and everyone that got off, got their bags.

Not one grumble from anyone about anything.

cunninglinguist
16th Sep 2007, 10:40
That was nice of you to hang around and make sure 2-300 people got their bags Voice, very christian. :cool:

BrazDriver
16th Sep 2007, 11:10
A mate of mine owns one of those bags in Dubai never to be returned. LHR-PER pax. Moral to the story, want your bags fly SQ!

The Voice
16th Sep 2007, 11:51
nice of you to hang around :hmm: well someone had to be in the last few to get through the crappy arrivals hall in PER!

emu787
16th Sep 2007, 12:20
well Voice....12 pax on that flight had no bags....perhaps you work for them??

Ref + 10
16th Sep 2007, 12:48
Braz, Excuse my ignorance to the topic but why SQ over the others?

BrazDriver
16th Sep 2007, 14:11
Ref, SQ was used as an example, however QF will transfer to a BA in Singapore and BA was the 2006 champion for the number of bags lost. Looks like Emirates is giving them good competition this year!

halas
16th Sep 2007, 14:17
I was operating on the Thursday flight.

When you are an hour and a half late out of Dubai (like Thursday), the bags usually make it.

halas

cunninglinguist
16th Sep 2007, 15:01
Easy Voice, it took years to get that shed so crappy :}
You're talking about the best terminal in ...........................................Perth

Capt Wally
16th Sep 2007, 22:40
..............fact of aviation life sadly, missing/lost bags..........I was in Fiji the other week in the middle of the night in some lonely ground handlers office sorting out paperwork when I noticed a half open door which showed evidence of many bags still with tags on them. I enquired & he said oh there's always bags here, they are from all over the world, Many from places that had nothign to do with Fiji !!!. Some seem to dissappear after a few days & not onboard another plane either!
Pack what you don't need, buy what you do need upon arrival:-) & with Tigers new ultra low airfairs being muted??......... I'd be surprised if bags at all will be allowed onboard an A320 with 500 bums crammed in (just kidding).......sooo not a bag problem in site with Tigers !...........kidding, I hope !:):):)

capt Wally:)

Lord Flashhart
17th Sep 2007, 00:10
Hey Galah

I have been informed by a reliable source that Qantas link baggage transfer system in Perth is that bad that Perth alone has over 500 bags MISSING and the other night 12 transit pax arrived in PER with no bags.

I have been told there is a hectare of black bags sitting in Perth and will never be returned!

Not really a world class standard being set!

:p

Whiskey Oscar Golf
17th Sep 2007, 00:39
I flew Emirates earlier in the year to Malpensa and my bags went to Rome then back to Dubai. I got them back the next day by travelling to Malpensa and picking them up rather than trusting the handler to get them to me.

I then discovered after talking to rellies that Everyone loses their bags coming into Malpensa. Something to do with La Vida Loca handlers. I think the slow transfer tag on the bag didn't help when we were there all of 2.1 hrs. They did however get on the aircraft, just not off it. I Was angling for an upgrade on the trip home for the hindrance/cost in Milan and all I got was a stern stare.