PDA

View Full Version : Fast Jet over Melbourne Eastern Suburbs

VH-Cheer Up
16th Sep 2007, 03:24
Noisy blighter in an F/A18 over Templestowe about 13:10 this arvo heading south about A030 and well over the speed limit. Any ideas where it was going and why?

ChrisDavis
16th Sep 2007, 03:30
Sandown 500 display!

Capt Wally
16th Sep 2007, 03:37
..........book 'em Dano !:)

God am I really that old?:confused:

Howard Hughes
16th Sep 2007, 03:43
Who the hell is Dano you silly old bugger?;)

Sadly I am that old too....:{

Jabawocky
16th Sep 2007, 05:07
Planes/flying and motor racing....my two favourite things!

Lucky for me I get to do both!

J

Capt Wally
16th Sep 2007, 05:53
.......now now 'howard', those B200's have gone to yr head there !:)..............yr obviously not that old !!!.............those that are older will know who "Dano" is, or was..........Hawaii Five 0, should ring a bell !!!..............ahhh the good 'ole days:-)
............now thro another log on that fire.."redrock"..........care to hazard a guess as to who 'redrock' was?:-)

Capt Kremin
16th Sep 2007, 08:00
Wasn't he on Casey Jones's crew? The Conductor or something?

And Then
16th Sep 2007, 09:05
Fast jet? What ever happend to plane old "fighter"?

It's such a bloody British expression. Because they've gone for so long without a decent fighter.

Blue Sky Baron
16th Sep 2007, 09:09
Ahhh...
Casey Jones, brings back a lot of memories, as does Jet Jackson and another show whos name has temporarily slipped the memory banks :ugh:, involved a twin cessna and a cattle ranch if i recall correctly.

Those WERE the good old days!! :D

BSB :ok:

Capt Wally
16th Sep 2007, 09:15
Capt Kremin......yr correct, you old bloke..........:)Redrock was the fireman in casey Jones with Alan Hale Jr at the controls..............& yes 'blue sky baron' ..........those where the good old days !..........now you got me thinking about that twin job out on the cattle ranch.....ask capt Kremin.............he's in the know !:) God jet Jackson?.......sheeeeeeeeezzzz how times flies !!!

Capt wally...............obviously not the only old fart in here:)

EPIRB
16th Sep 2007, 11:00
I vaguely remember a show on Channel Two around 1973 about an RAAF Mirage squadron. Does anyone know the name?

Capt Kremin
16th Sep 2007, 11:00
Yes there is a few of us around.

I was right.. Redrock was the conductor. the Fireman's name was ....Wally!

Capt Wally, you really should have know that..;)

http://brokenwheelranch.com/caseyjones.htm

Come all you rounders if you want to hear
The story of a great engineer
He's the greatest of them all they claim
Number one his engine Casey Jones his name

Casey Jones
Steamin' and rollin'
Casey Jones
You never have to guess
When you hear the tootin' of the whistle
It's Casey at the throttle of the Cannonball Express

Well there's Casey junior and the Red Rock too,
Fireman Wally and the rest of the crew,
In a thrilling adventure that's a lot of fun,
For when Casey takes the throttle for another run.

OZBUSDRIVER
16th Sep 2007, 11:44
Do not remember a series with RAAF Mirages, but do remember a series on French mirages called "The Aeronauts". Good show, but terrible accents.:}

ScottyDoo
16th Sep 2007, 15:27
Who cares...

What about Matlock...??

Capt Claret
16th Sep 2007, 17:04
Ah, Casey Jones, he went on to be The Skipper, along with Gilligan, The Professor, Maryanne, Thurston and Lovee ......

As a young boy my earliest professional desire was to be Casey Jones. I grew out of that when Thunderbird Two came along, and that's what I was going to do when I grew up.

Haven't quite grown out of the I'm going to be a pilot stage. :}

VH-Cheer Up
17th Sep 2007, 00:15
It's such a bloody British expression.
Guilty. But it was going bloody fast. Anyone at Melbourne clock it the radar?
Because they've gone for so long without a decent fighter.
Oh yes, but some of the fighters that have have come from Pommieland before everything had to be purchased from the toy shop over the ditch have been fabulous machines. For example... the Spitfire - and imitation (http://www.supermarineaircraft.com/index.htm) certainly is the sincerest form of flattery

Hottie
17th Sep 2007, 01:37
Folks,
I think you've missed the main point of the post... Okay, yes...we've all seen an F18 Hornet, or F111 etc sometime in our lives....but over TEMPLESTOWE ???
No bias intended..but go Templestowe :)
Aaaaaah, how I miss home.......
Stay safe and well, one and all

'Hong Kong Radar, good afternoon..........'

Capt Wally
17th Sep 2007, 07:39
........ok Capt Kremin, I stand corrected, I should have done a Google search first instead of relying on the old TV mind:-(.............anyway was a good show, 'till I discovered the 3 girls who lived next door at the time, at around 12 or so it was hard to decide what to watch..........the steam train, or the steamy girls............ok am sure some will say back to the original post.....which was?:)

Capt Wally

p.s.....oh & derek zoolander.............yr right also although I didn't add the 'murder one' to the one liner 'cause it would have taken away my direction as to 'book em' danno..................for speeding !......God being that politically correct must hurt !:)

SmokingHole
17th Sep 2007, 13:17
Anyone remember them? Did a tribute song to Hawaii 50

'Steve I want to say thankyou
for all you've done for me
the nights are dark and empty
when you're not on tv........'

Those were the days indeed.

ScottyDoo
17th Sep 2007, 18:15
How about some aviation content......

"Da plane, da plane...!"

For a thousand points and a slabba piss, who said that???

DirectAnywhere
17th Sep 2007, 20:46
Tattoo from Fantasy Island.....where's my carton?

Capt Claret
17th Sep 2007, 23:09
Herve Villechaize aka Tattoo (http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/tattoo/tattoo.htm)

Much Ado
18th Sep 2007, 02:21
If this drivel belongs anywhere it belongs on jetblast...but I'll spare even them on this occasion.:ugh: