PDA

View Full Version : bizjet to airline back to bizjet?

givmi
15th Sep 2007, 18:55
Hello colleagues, I have a decision to take maybe you have some opinions or similar experience,

I started my career a little over 3 years ago with a small charter bizjet company. I hated the "organisational chaos"...no flight planning office....last minute changes...catering....often minimum rest....no real roster...etc...BUT I loved the flying!....the variety of smaller airports!....flying with the same crew who have become good friends! A year ago I quit for a job with a flag carrier as F/O. The pay is good the pension scheme is great...secure job..a real roster (can take my girlfriend out and switch of the phone!)...bigger metal...BUT the flying is boring...ILS to ILS....VERY strict SOPs.....always other crew....I sometimes have the impression most of them are only in it for the money...I miss my old friends with passion for flying! A few days ago I got a phone call from my former boss making me an offer for the left seat of a brand new challenger. I would be earning more money then I am now but less then I would earn in a couple of years with the airline. They now have a flight planning office etc..a G550 category jet soon on order...and my friends still work for the company!....should I take the job?

733driver
15th Sep 2007, 19:51
Very difficult if not impossible to give advise without knowing the companies you are talking about.

Me, I look at the following: Quality of live, pay and job security.

I doubt I would leave a financially sound (assumption) flag carrier to go back to a small (assumption) charter outfit.

Personally I find strict SOP's a good thing and would not want to fly for any operator that doesn't have a good set of SOP's.

I agree, bizjet flying can be more fun, but fun doesn't pay the bills.

I love the flying but I would only do it for a well established, financially sound, professional operator on a stable roster and good pay.