PDA

View Full Version : Independent Monitoring

arse
15th Sep 2007, 08:33
Overheard an interesting conversation at despatch the other day!

It appears that CX want to record, maintain and have access to FDAP data recorded against individual crew.

I do not know how this is possible, as I understood that the entire FDAP system was anonymous, EXCEPT in exception circumstances where the head of CSD could approach crew?

It appeared that certain FDAP ALERTS would be recorded and reported to FOP. It would/could be used for remedial training or historical investigation in the event of an incident.

Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Numero Crunchero
15th Sep 2007, 09:37
where there is smoke there is usually fire...

The Management
15th Sep 2007, 20:52
At the request of the DFO, Mr. H. of scheduling and his team have put together a list of unhelpful crew.

This is a prerequisite for upcoming discipline procedures and possible termination's to certain individuals.

We did this very quickly in July of 2001 but it was very effective. We will have more time to scrutinise each and every P-file.

We will use the data from the FDAP program only for termination's. At The Cathay Pacific Group we only allow 1 strike and your are out. If you are not flagged on the Crew Control File, there is a possibility of having 2 strikes. This will only happen if someone at the Star Chamber Level (Chief Pilot or Deputy Chief Pilot as with previous Star Chamber sessions) will vouch for the individual. If not, back to 1 strike.

The FOP team demands the name of individuals from Corporate Safety only for serious incidents at the moment but this will change. Some are still naive to think this data is confidential but then again, you are pilots.

Yes NC, where there is smoke there is fire.

Why do we do this? Because we can and you are powerless to do anything about it.

Here is to my bonus and to see some of the bad apples off the cart.

The Management.

cpdude
15th Sep 2007, 22:05
hahahaha!

You don't realize how silly you sound!

What's this I hear...PW could be gone and 3, no is it 5 aircraft parked.:rolleyes:

Only a real idiot would push the aircrew into a confrontation at this time.:}

The Management
16th Sep 2007, 11:34
Sorry Mr. Dude but don’t be too harsh. It’s people like you who have made our job much easier over the last 15 or so years.

The Cathay Pacific Group would like to thank people like you who have helped immensely in the past. People like you helped us through some difficult times in The Cathay Pacific Group history.

Again from the bottom of Our Bonus, we thank you.

Captain PW is a great asset to The Cathay Pacific Group. He has instilled fear into many pilots over the years to help motivate our crew. A great asset indeed.

As for parked aircraft, why would we need to do this? Very soon and with your help we will have all 744 pilots flying all 744 aircraft whether is be passenger or freighter. This duty will be split amongst Hong Kong based pilots and out port based pilots. Your patterns and lifestyle are about to change drastically but with your help we managed to implement this. Thank you for flying our freighter during these trying times. You may be in for some overtime but this is our cheaper alternative. We will change roster accordingly to keep pilots out of overtime but some will be over the 84 hour threshold.

Pushing the aircrew into confrontation, I think that is called an oxymoron. I think the moron part is rather fitting don’t you think.

There is always room for a few termination's to keep the rest inline. Most likely your name will not be on the list considering you helped when needed. It has been duly noted.

Seems you are one of those CX pilots that will run at the first sign of trouble. A true leader. Please show some our junior members how to do this. May save someone’s employment.

Here’s to my Bonus. We will receive somewhat more this year because the view on the Peak is not what it used to be.

Many pilots out there still willing to join The Cathay Pacific Group. We don’t take legacy carrier types anymore. We are going lower down the pilot food chain if you will.

The Management

moosp
16th Sep 2007, 15:36
You know one of the problems with British irony is that at the cusp it is difficult to tell which side of the argument is the hypothesis, and which is the original dogma.

Our friend "Management" here has done an excellent job of confusing these issues, to the extent that he is now the target of both the CX IT department's forensic team, and also that of the AOA computer wizzes who do similar work
But if you can cloak deeper, we love your diatribes, and they bring lightness to our mornings, although wiping spit coffee off our keyboards is tiresome if it is the maids day off.

Pip Pip!

The Resistance
16th Sep 2007, 22:17
Management...your latest post is pure brilliance....LOVE IT! :ok: