PDA

View Full Version : Soroti Flying School

bravothree
15th Sep 2007, 00:22
Trying to help a mate and would appreciate any info on the above school including a website if possible. Tried to google it up but with no joy.
Thanks in advance. :ok:

Sandy Hutton
17th Sep 2007, 22:33
Try asking at the Scottish Aero Club, Perth (Scone). Some of the old hands there may be able to help you. I know that some of the Airwork Engineers were there on secondment so it's likely that some pilots were too. Sorry it's not much but I hope it helps you make some headway.

I was an Airwork Apprentice at Scone around the time Soroti "Closed":O

ugflyer
18th Sep 2007, 05:37
Hey mate, I wish you all the best with your search but I can say from experience that I doubt that place still exists.
I attended Soroti flying school at the end of 2002 for FAA to CAA conversion and the situation was dire.
Shortage of fuel was very common so cadets sat around for weeks without flying. When fuel finally arrived, there was a massive celebration in anticipation of some stick and rudder time. However, lessons were limited to 45 minutes unless it was a cross country. I found that very pathetic since I had trained in Florida where I was flying up to six hours a day.
I scraped through the conversion and promptly left. Luckily my stars lined up and I landed a gig in the US.
Then I believe there was a war that saw the rebels advance within miles of the flying school that prompted it to close down. I always wonder what happened to the great guys that were going through their training.
All in all, I have about 99 negative things and maybe 3 positive about Soroti. So if you are looking to get some flying done, I suggest www.kaftc.com (http://www.kaftc.com)
Did some flying there too and all seemed to be in order. Good luck men.

emm
23rd Sep 2007, 13:43
New website www.flyuganda.com (http://www.flyuganda.com) and still teaching! So is Soroti. You could try the CAA Uganda website. Or if not I have the number of an examiner there. Pm me

rigs
4th Dec 2007, 13:14
hi guys, im currently in soroti and i want to second my colleagues on the comments. We have all sorts of problems from instructors to aircrafts to fuel...and the list is endless. currently i would'nt recommend anyone to come here. but there is change of management from next year so we r hoping for the best.:confused::confused::ouch: