PDA

View Full Version : Air Namibia

Winston
14th Sep 2007, 20:36
Hi Does anyone know what Air Namibias business class (International A340) is like. There are some good fares LON-CPT but not sure whether that reflects the quality.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
14th Sep 2007, 21:55
From what I have heard from relatives about the economy product (old, tired and uncomfortable seats), I'd say the quality is reflected in the cost.

"Get what you pay for" is a pretty safe adage to work with.

PAXboy
14th Sep 2007, 22:19
I have not travelled on them, so cannot comment but they are (AFAIK) still maintained and trained by LH, so that is good news. For the LGW~CPT, you will be changing planes in WDH.

Last caution - some of their LON flights used to operate via FRA in a dog-leg. So the flight was longer but no plane change. I am not sure if that is still the case and, if they do, it might not be every rotation that does the bounce.

As regards price and comfort levels, I recall that I used the old SN to JNB a few times. The Club price was lower than SA + BA (no VS on the route at that time) and the service was also low BUT the seat was good and big and comfy and so, overall, that was a good deal. This might be similar. If you take, please let us know.

SilentHandover
15th Sep 2007, 09:00
Friends of mine have used them and had nothing but good stuff to say about them on this route, pm AlanM if you want an opinion from the horses mouth.

Winston
19th Sep 2007, 16:52
Thanks for the info. With an interline company I can get business class for around the £700 mark. That's just a bit cheaper than BA and VS premium (Which are direct though) With a bucket shop the cheapest Business I can get in lufthansa or KLM and that is about £1800!! The air namibia quotes pitch but not the angle of decline (Which is probably more important!) I'm guessing they are nowhere near flatbeds??

ricky-godf
1st Oct 2007, 16:55
Hello Winston

I flew Air Namibia LGW-WDH not longer than few weeks ago, economy on the way down and business class back to the UK.
The seats are pretty comfortable, not flat bed but around 160°,lombar support, leg rest, etc etc , the service is good and the cabin crew very friendly, however I have to admit the food was quite poor.
In my case the flights were all on time and the both airplanes half empty, in my business class section there were 12 seats and 4 pax, so you've got plenty of space.
There is a flat screen for IFE but I didn't use it at all, too busy sleeping!!!

Hope this helps

Ricky