PDA

View Full Version : Easy on-line application problems

Invalid Delete
17th Dec 2001, 20:02
Is the easyjet computer down or something ? I have tried to send the application on line many times - but it just wont go !
I have had many reports from others reporting similar problems.

Yes, I have got Java script turned on !!!

Anyone got any ideas / solutions / similar problems or explainations ?

Thanks.

Dry Martini
17th Dec 2001, 20:07
:mad:
Yes, same thing.
Send it off after ages typing, and get "you are not authorised to view this page".
Well thanks a lot.
I guess if they needed pilots then someone would fix it!

Invalid Delete
17th Dec 2001, 21:48
Dry Martini : I got "The page cannot be displayed" this time :eek:

I am going to speak to speak to the technical JH in "Where ?" - if you know who I mean ;) I will e-mail you with any progress I get. (You still at your "....... @btopenworld.com" address ? )

In the meantime, to save re-keying the info ....just use the "back" button to get all the info back and then minimise the browser and leave the computer on all day !!! :rolleyes:

Ciao, man :D

Dry Martini
18th Dec 2001, 10:57
Many thanks,
I's sure JH can come up with something.
Yes it's still @btopenworld, on the "Watchdog" tested 'BTworksveryoccasionally' tariff.

Dry Martini
18th Dec 2001, 19:00
Have found a solution to the Easyjet application form:
Go to a "greasy spoon" variety of cybercafe, with nice old equipment running IE5 instead of 6 and it works fine.
Best wishes

Invalid Delete
18th Dec 2001, 19:09
Did that about an hour ago. I was just about to let you know - no problem. :D :D :D :D

cruella
18th Dec 2001, 19:36
As you may know, we have recently been experiencing some technical difficulties with our online application form. Please accept our profuse apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The problem was spotted shortly after it arose and a solution has now been developed to deal with applications which we continue to receive. Our technical team has spent a great deal of time trying to save the applications you’ve sent between the system going down and the solution being implemented.

A solution has been in place since 10:15am 18th Dec, which will continue to function until the implementation of the planned online application overhaul shortly.

Yes, we are still recruiting, currently for pilots to be based at either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Pilots at easyJet work in a stable environment, which of course is particularly important in the current climate. There are also unrivalled career opportunities within easyJet due to our measured, opportunist growth. As we're constantly keeping an eye on the latest developments in technology, it's no surprise that easyJet has one of the youngest fleets in the country and with easyJet's open 'orange' culture, everyone makes a difference.

Again, we’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and we would still like to ask everyone who’s experienced problems with the online application to try again.

Joyce Linehan
easyJet Flight Operations Pilot Recruitment

[ 19 December 2001: Message edited by: cruella ]

Invalid Delete
19th Dec 2001, 15:46
Cruella : Thanks for the reply. How long does it usually take to get the e-mail confirmation back ?

It's just that I have heard confirmation was supposed to arrive "fairly Sharpish" - and I haven't got mine after a day.