PDA

View Full Version : Mult-engine rating practical test

Brian304
14th Sep 2007, 12:16
Just wondered if anyone knew what the MEP practical test consists of? except for the 3 stalls, well it would help if an examiner could tell me please?:sad:, like what kind of manourvers and all that good stuff that counts...:ok:

Brian304

BlueRobin
14th Sep 2007, 13:03
I didn't do the MEP LST separately, but I guess it is essentially two parts?

1. General handling - two-engine stalls, steepies and unusual attitudes
2. Circuit work - two-engine land, departure followed by "engine failure" and touch drills for securing engine then continue with zero thrust setting. Then climb asymmetric into visual circuit, approach to ACA, go-around then asymmetric circuit to land.

You may also have to do an upper-air actual engine shutdown and restart?

JUST-local
14th Sep 2007, 16:49
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=534

Above is the link for the relvant form, there are some instructions included.

good luck with it.

Blinkz
14th Sep 2007, 19:35
not sure about initial as I did it with my CPL, but my renewal was steep turns, stalls, engine failure while straight and level (this can also be an actual engine shutdown and then restart), then into the circuit work. The circuits are 2-engine landing, flapless, EFATO, Asym circuit, asym go-around, asym-landing. Its not too bad really.

Brian304
14th Sep 2007, 19:40
In the test would they tell you were to do your general handling skills or would you have to tell them where you are actually going?...

neilia
14th Sep 2007, 21:00
I'd expect the examiner to tell you where and when to do every element of the test.

Comanche250
14th Sep 2007, 21:04
If you do the exam in an aircraft where you cant easily see the fuel selectors, just watch out if you are in a descent! ;)

Brian304
14th Sep 2007, 21:09
Thanks, also my fuel selectors are just on the side of my leg in the duchess, so no worries about doing the EFATO. But sure is a big distraction when trying to keep your head out the cockpit when reaching for the fuel selectors.
Brian304