PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Master Vs LET410

wannabe-aviator
14th Sep 2007, 10:42
Ive been reading up on the Cargo Master and Also on the LET410, and would very much like to know what is the cost ofa Brand new LET410, I know the Cargo Master is priced at about 1.5 Million USD according to Cessna website but what is the cost of the Let.

Also what is the operational advantages of both AC, the CM needs only 1 pilot and has 1 engine and Takes up to 1600 Kilogrames, the LET410 needs 2 pilots and takes up to 1700 Kilogrames and is twin engined, what is the Cost per flying hour for each one and what the ranges of either Aircraft.

I hope some of you that do fly these birds can help out and answer my intruige in these Aircraft, I happen to Love Turbo prop Aircraft compared to Jets I dont know why heehee.

WA:ok:

The AvgasDinosaur
14th Sep 2007, 10:52
You could always try here.
http://www.let.cz/
Hope it helps, its in English too
Be lucky
David

Expressflight
14th Sep 2007, 13:03
I know there used to be a CAA prohibition of IFR public transport flights using single-engined aircraft (VFR only being permitted) - I think Fedex wanted to operate the C208 some time back and the CAA vetoed it.

Is that prohibition still in force? If so it's an obvious non-starter for CWC or anyone else.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
14th Sep 2007, 21:32
Still in place in a large number of EU countries.

Will be at least a couple of years before anything happens to change it.

Sweden and Finland are 2 countries who allow single engine IFR flights I think.

CargoOne
14th Sep 2007, 22:04
Don't know how much they asking for brand new L410 but you can buy one in a very reasonable shape for 600-700k EUR.
Don't think it is a really good idea to buy a brand new one, you would struggle to determinate a fair aftermarket value for it and this will cause problems with financing. Unless you need it for a short/unpaved strips you better look into Metroliner which is quite comparable aircraft but much faster. C208 is not really an option (at least now) in EU due to the reasons already mentioned in the posts above.

wannabe-aviator
14th Sep 2007, 22:40
Doesnt Air Lanza in Lanzarote Spain operate a single C208 in Cargo charter flights or am I mistaken, as for the Let410 its a nice Aircraft and good Operational charecteristics but the price of a new one is it the same as the C208 or more expensive.

petesevenseven
14th Sep 2007, 22:43
Here is my few shillings worth!!!!!

There is a few reasons why the LET 410 is at present in the top 10 list of most popular turbo-props around!!!!!

1) It's Reliable ( It never goes Tech)!!!!
2) Its Cheap to run and operators love it!!!!!
3) Its easy to fly and the pilots who fly it Love it!!!! (Me speaking from 2300Hrs on Type)!!!!!!!
4) THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS OPERATING THE TYPE IN EUROPE!!!!! I KNOW THIS AS I FLY IT IN EUROPE!!!!!
GO WITH THE MIGHTY LET!!!!!!

Hope that helps!!!!!!!:ok:

wannabe-aviator
14th Sep 2007, 23:14
This has nothing to do with any operational requirements that i have or need, I simply Love the Let persoanlly and I also love the Cargo Master but am talking from an economical point of view and also due to a thesis am writing about the Operational costs and procurement of either or of these Aircraft, LET is no help about the actual list price of One of thier LET410s pretty mean really.

By the way how much wages do you take flying the Let and who do you fly for and how many hours do you flywith them. :ok:

The AvgasDinosaur
14th Sep 2007, 23:30
Quote from wannabe-aviator
Doesnt Air Lanza in Lanzarote Spain operate a single C208 in Cargo charter flights or am I mistaken, as for the Let410 its a nice Aircraft and good Operational charecteristics but the price of a new one is it the same as the C208 or more expensive.
There is I think more VFR weather in Lanzarote than in the UK which may have influenced the purchasing decision. :)
Be lucky
David

fantaman
15th Sep 2007, 10:13
I think Air Med down at Oxford Kidlington opertes two Supercargomaster's, G-EORD and G-WIKY.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/martin43/oxf08.jpg