PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Airways

elporco
14th Sep 2007, 01:40
Expatriate pilots considering joining Paramount Airways, please consider the following points:
1. Although there are orders for more airplanes, the company is struggling to manage the 5 currently in operation -- lots of cancellations due to low load and maintenance problems
2. The engineering dept. is faced with a severe shortage of spare parts, resulting in flight cancellations
3. The company is not investing in infrastructures -- no GPUs, no ground A/C, only 1 push tug in Chennai (with flights scheduled to depart at the same time)
4. Skilled ground personnel is leaving (Paramount is seen as a training ground in order to eventually join Indigo, JetAirways, Kingfisher)
5. Four captains have left the company during the past 2 months, and most of the rest are considering leaving
6. The paycheck seems to never be on time, and be less than expected. You will be forced to make several calls and visits to the main office in order to receive the overtime paycheck
7. You will be told so many lies that you won’t trust anything and anyone.
8. Chennai is a filthy and unhealthy city to live in. It is unsuitable for a Western family, and extremely dull for a single. No interesting events, only a handful of bars to hang out at (all inside hotels) and no much to do in these either, the beach is filthy, traffic is horrible (forget about walking along the streets), sanitary conditions are very poor (especially when it rains), lots of smog, extremely noisy
9. You may make good money (US$100/hr)….but you’ll never know if your next paycheck will clear, and you will work hard for your money

jumpdrive
14th Sep 2007, 02:14
why im not surprised?!?!?!?!?!?!?

the same old story

again & again

vinayak
14th Sep 2007, 06:22
weird... a few weeks back there was a news floating that they are going to buy spice jet!!! now i doubt that.

Tigermoth121
14th Sep 2007, 09:18
I have a friend who is working in Paramount. He says its a great place to work. They have a very respectable Chief Pilot who is very professional and maintains high quality of flying. Also heard that a New VP-Flt Ops has joined Paramount. He was with Kingfisher earlier. The buzz is that he is coming down strict on some of the buddies quite hard... especially those who were taking the company for a ride. Believe some of them have been trying to overlog hours and make some extra bucks on OT. For sure this is now history. I visited Chennai city last month and its not that bad. Yes u dont have the lifestyle of Paris or NY, but then It offers the charm every Indian city boasts and atleast I like it.

elporco
14th Sep 2007, 10:21
Yes, the Chief Pilot is nice and professional, but he's always either flying the line (he timed out for the year), or training in the sim in Singapore. He has no time to perform other duties.
As for the new VP of ops, can't say much about him because he joined only about 2 weeks ago
As for Chennai, so far it's by far the worst city I've been to in India. You may actually live in a nice hotel/apartment, but as soon as you step outside it shure is not pleasant

jumpdrive
14th Sep 2007, 13:25
get it straight guys

NO city will be good for us....................not a single one

period!!!!!!

theyre all the same, crapy, caotic, dirty, traffic, smelly, noisy
with very, very few things to do, that we´re used to
i live in my bubble, from the hotel to the airport, iPod ON & then back
at leats fly brand new aircrafts, and working environment is nice

thats why i took a short options on my contract, to get the heck outta there
as often as possible, & thats it

nothing like HOME or any other place in this planet......even some counties
in Africa are better

elporco
17th Oct 2007, 18:20
First, the post was ment for expatriates thinking of joining Paramount. It was not addressed to Indian pilots.
Second, I did not bash the company nor Indian pilots - I limited my comments to my personal experience with Paramount.
Third, all the captains I worked with at Paramount had considerable experience with other airlines and chose to go to Paramount because the company was offering an appealing salary, not because they were "not good enough for their own countries"
Fourth, woudl it not be for the experience crewmembers, the huge growth that the Indian aviation sector is experiencing would not occur (there are simplynot enough quilified pilots)
Fifth, although I respect your opinion, it seems to me that you are the one with an unprofesional attitude
The fact remains that Paramount is very poorly run (to say the least), and that expatriates thinking of joining should seriously consider other alternatives.
Cheers

skytrek21
18th Oct 2007, 14:50
For your first post raghav....you are pretty pathetic. I am from India, and I know how things run....the guy was not talking about Indian pilots, he was talking abt the company. Moreover the expats come in with a lot of experience which benefits the company. KF, Indigo and Jet have several expats. Not like the 250 hr wonder kids who fly a C-152 and then want to jump into an A320. So before you post on PPrune, get your facts straight and learn to read and write good English first. This forum is for professionals, seems like you are not one.