PDA

View Full Version : how to contact alitalia express?

pinguino
12th Dec 2001, 16:54
Hi everyone,
to all Italian ppruners: I'm tryng to contact alitalia express training dept. just to ask about an atr t/r but it seems it is impossible. I've tried all the numbers found on elctronic yellow pages but are all faxes or don't answer, then tryed to call alitalia (core) but it seems they don't know alitalia express even exist.
Any other advise about where to get a t/r in italy welcome.
Please don't move this trhead to wannabees as I suspect italians don't read that forum.
bye

Obi Wan Kirk
13th Dec 2001, 23:48
Pinguino,
I wouldn't waste your time with Alitalia Group as they are not doing too well and Mr Berlusconi's plan is to privatize the airline in the next few years. This will mean downsizing the fleet. I expect they'll be laying off pilots and won't be hiring for a while.

Give Gandalf Airlines a ring. They have miracolously found someone that has given them a fresh cash injection. They'll be looking for new drivers soon. There are also a number of start-ups like Air Italy with the Saab 2000s, Neos with B737-800s and a few other outfits.

Buona Fortuna!

pinguino
16th Dec 2001, 12:31
Thanks a lot Obi,
and do you know something about minerva? they are the only ones who grant you some line experience after t/r (azzurra has stopped training) wich I think is a pretty good thing and what airlines really want as they really don't care too much about a t/r without experience expecially if you are a low hours pilot. And what about the big question (jar-fcl)? are they really goig to make them effective by march? if yes is it worth to get e t/r before to avoid the frozen atpl?
thanks