PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory?

steggers
13th Sep 2007, 10:25
I'm sorry if this question has already been anserwed, but i'm quite new to this so please bare with me!!!

I'm decided to start my ATPL theory study at BGS through the long distance course. My only concern is that it's split up into 2 modules. The 1st module is 8 exams the the 2nd module is 6 exams. The reason i chose BGS is that i've heard nothing but good reccomondations from there. Everyone i've spoken to haa said do it there and they've got a 98% pass rate. If i did the long distance course at Cabair they spilt the course up into 4 stages. You do 4 exams in phases 1, 2 and 3 and in phase 4 you do the last 2 exams. (Please correct me if i'm wrong) My only concen is that i might find the work load at BGS to much to handle doing 8 exams at once, there-four studying at Cabair will give me a better advantage.

Would be very greafull if someone could shed some light on with BGS or Cabair so i can make my desision. I don't want to make the wrong choice!!!!

AlphaMale
13th Sep 2007, 10:39
I think it's the same anywhere, you can have 6 sit-ins but only attempt each paper 4 times.

BGS
1 - 8 exams
2 - 6 exams

Should you fail 2 exams in the 1st session then you'll sit 8 in the 2nd, anything you fail in the second sit-in can be taken into the 3rd session and should you have any left over you'll sit them in the 4th / 5th / 6th session (keeping in mind you can only sit the same exam 4 times).

Cabair
1 - 4 exams
2 - 4 exams
3 - 4 exams
4 - 2 exams

Having only 4 exams to concentrate on should lower your chances of failing any sit-ins but if you did fail 1 exam in sit-in 1 you'd have 5 exams in the 2nd sit-in and they would roll over (up to 3 times (4 attempts)) until you get to the last (6th) sit in.

steggers
13th Sep 2007, 10:45
Many thanks, that's explained it a bit better. I understand it more now. Thanks for that.

AlphaMale
13th Sep 2007, 10:47
No problem - I'm pretty sure I'm right in what I say ;) ... Always nice to have a second opinion though.

Good luck