PDA

View Full Version : I had to reshedule my first interview with CX Will I ever be given a second chance?

BIFEDECHORIZO
12th Sep 2007, 22:46
Hello, Wannabes

I had a family emergency the day before my first interview with Cathay. I had no other choice but to change the date. So, I notified Amy Cheung immediately via email. But, I never received any response back. I then called the contact in SFO Kim Lee. She told me that she had been advised by HKG that I would not be attending. I asked her if this would disqualify me for a future opportunities with Cathay. She said she did not think so but, HKG handles all interview candidates and I would need to take it up with them. So I sent a second email to Amy Cheung and still no response.

Have I blown my chances with Cathay? :confused:

barnstormingmustang
12th Sep 2007, 23:04
Dont worry too much. Remember,,,, CX recruitment office is still asleep or real busy. You'll probably recieve a reply around 3 am west coast time. Until then hope your emergency turned for the better.......

nicale
13th Sep 2007, 01:01
Check the Air Inc web site. They are interviwing on-site in Washington DC Sep 22. You can just have your first interview on Sep 22.

dhoonk
13th Sep 2007, 01:09
Have I blown my chances with Cathay?

No, you are fine. They are pretty reasonable that way. Just contact them to get it rescheduled.

pinkflaps
13th Sep 2007, 01:12
Don't worry too much. I know the guy who could not make it for the first interview but got another one in 3months later. Good luck!;)

BIFEDECHORIZO
13th Sep 2007, 14:58
Wew! Just received an invitation for an interview on the 2nd.Thank you ladies and gents for the great replies.

goodstick32
20th Sep 2007, 02:08
Is the 22nd an interview or an invite to an interview?